Old 10-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #21
Guru

City: Everett Wa
Vessel Name: Eagle
Vessel Model: Roughwater 58 pilot house
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnick View Post
There are many who don't really want to go, but enjoy talking about wanting to go.
That sounds like me. Not quite sure if I really really want to and/or for how long. We have the boat and in a couple of years the time. It will be nice not having to return to the same dock/area and/or be on a time schedule. We have discussed having an RV, trailer a boat and use the ferry system.

So if we had to start over it would be a motor home, and trailer boat under 30 ft.
Phil Fill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:35 PM   #22

City: St Louis
Any thoughts/experience/opinions on these Linssen boats? Seems like the low air draft that is required in Europe might be handy on the Loop as well?

2001 Linssen Grand Sturdy 410 Gold Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

2002 Linssen Grand Sturdy Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:55 PM   #23

Any thoughts/experience/opinions on these EndeavourCat power boats?

EndeavourCats Home Page

Seems like they'd be great Loop boats as well.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #24

City: Jacksonville, FL
Vessel Name: Amar la Vida
Vessel Model: 1989 Carver Californian 48' MY
It's been my dream since I joined the Navy to retire then cruise. I'm slowly getting there I have the boat that I want, a wife who is just as willing as me and a job that allows for the time, the ability to live anywhere and finances to make it happen. I'm in my early 40's but am on the right track. I wanted to do this as soon as I retired from the Navy but as we all got hit in '08 it left me a little short. The issue I have now is my 2 homes in Florida; I couldn't give them away let alone sell them so I shifted gears and will wait a few more years until I can at least sell one of them. after that we are GONE. I am only willing to wait two more years though. I don't want to wait until I'm 60 finally head out and relise it's not what I really want or I am unable to at 60 or don't make it to 60 as I still deploy and work in Afghanistan, nothing is guaranteed over here, so my timeline is short. Last year when my wife and I bought the Californian and sold our 32 bayliner we looked at each other and said "No more excuses we now have the boat we've wanted" I never thought we'd get a boat such as this as soon as we did so it made the pull to take off a little stronger. Our last boat was named "Bella Vita",beautiful life; so we named this on "Amar la Vida", living life. No thing to do now but cast off the lines and enjoy!
knotheadcharters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by knotheadcharters
It's been my dream since I joined the Navy to retire then cruise. I'm slowly getting there I have the boat that I want, a wife who is just as willing as me and a job that allows for the time, the ability to live anywhere and finances to make it happen. I'm in my early 40's but am on the right track. I wanted to do this as soon as I retired from the Navy but as we all got hit in '08 it left me a little short. The issue I have now is my 2 homes in Florida; I couldn't give them away let alone sell them so I shifted gears and will wait a few more years until I can at least sell one of them. after that we are GONE. I am only willing to wait two more years though. I don't want to wait until I'm 60 finally head out and relise it's not what I really want or I am unable to at 60 or don't make it to 60 as I still deploy and work in Afghanistan, nothing is guaranteed over here, so my timeline is short. Last year when my wife and I bought the Californian and sold our 32 bayliner we looked at each other and said "No more excuses we now have the boat we've wanted" I never thought we'd get a boat such as this as soon as we did so it made the pull to take off a little stronger. Our last boat was named "Bella Vita",beautiful life; so we named this on "Amar la Vida", living life. No thing to do now but cast off the lines and enjoy!
Thank you for your years of service! I hope your upcoming deployment aboard your Californian will be soon and as fulfilling as you imagined on all those previous deployments.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:28 AM   #26
FF
Guru

I have been aboard a number of Linssen Grand Sturdy boats and they would seem ideal as coastal cruisers.

Very modern "Euro" interiors , so if you like dead trees for every surface ,,,,

REAL !!! Rub rail that can be replaced , and low bridge clearance would be useful in a lot more places than just the one shot loop.

Big problem (for me) is the engine selection, usually Volvo , not a choice I would accept in a high buck boat.
FF is offline   Reply With Quote