Boat Rage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Probably waked him while he was fishing.

Not sure of the "extensive damage" to both boats though.

Boat needed to do a little 'Coal Rolling' on that skiff

I guess it is an example of too much booze and boating mixed in. He will have a tough time explaining it away in court.

There's no excuse....but would like to know what provoked it.

The guy in the skiff is lucky he wasn't shot for that..

When he rammed other boat should have gone full reverse.

The guy in the skiff is lucky he wasn't shot for that..

When he rammed other boat should have gone full reverse.

NO! That only makes a bad situation worse. He could be capsized and possibly drowned.

Something must have provoked him. Road rage is real. Ive seen soccer moms with kids in the car do VERY crazy things on the road. It's a serious problem these days.

"Something must have provoked him. Road rage is real."

Some folks have left childhood with out ever hearing the word NO!

What ever offends them , even a different opinion , requires your removal from society , or at least a re education camp.

Maybe the crew of the big boat is lucky they were not shot at.

Any further info yet?...like what started it all?

The typical situation is the big boat waked the little guy in the middle of no place, having miles to go around...but didn't.

Still no excuse for the ramming, and possibly not the cause....but one of the most common causes of water rage...that annoys me too.

Come on, EVERYONE has wished they could do that at one time or another after getting waked or some other numbskull incident.

Everyone.

This guy just had enough alcohol and stupidity to actually follow-through.

:socool::socool:

Last edited:
NO! That only makes a bad situation worse. He could be capsized and possibly drowned.

Wasn't being serious..

Just a bad joke but darwin award for drowning was due for that guy.

To those saying maybe the big boat is at fault the guy in the small boat was the one arrested for DUI and ramming the other boat.. You're responsible for your wake and if you sink a small boat like that it could come back at you.. What the small boat can't do is go on the attack(literally).

Last edited:
This would have been very interesting had it been in Florida and could have resulted in a death.

The guy in the little boat committed the crime of aggravated assault which is a "forcible felony"

From the Florida Statutes - A person is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony. A person who uses or threatens to use deadly force in accordance with this subsection does not have a duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground if the person using or threatening to use the deadly force is not engaged in a criminal activity and is in a place where he or she has a right to be.

didn't watch the video because I don' care... damage to a couple of egos maybe?

I didn’t look at it either. Probably had little to do w boats too.
It’s entertainment but I prolly wouldn’t be very entertained.
And if you don’t edit some of the stuff that comes along you’re a product of all those things.
To be honest it took too long to load up but .......

Something must have provoked him. Road rage is real. Ive seen soccer moms with kids in the car do VERY crazy things on the road. It's a serious problem these days.

And the real problem is the cause .. not the affects.
What common thing is it in this country that gives people license to be a cave man?
One person comes to mind but he’s just feeding the monster that was already there. Ignorance because the schools have failed? Or attitude because of social media? The failure of the family?

What common thing is it in this country that gives people license to be a cave man?

It's complicated, but lack of common courtesy and jealousy are often two big drivers behind 'cave man' reactions.

Ignoring other people's presence and blithely going about your own selfish business no doubt stokes a lot of resentment. As in, cutting people off in traffic (no signaling, etc) or blasting a wake without regard for other boaters.

Then there's simple jealousy, big boat vs little boat.

Throw in a dash of decades worth of stagnant wages and it gets worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Um, no, and that's not a point anyone's tried to make.

Just that if you want to understand why the 'caveman' thing happens, there are factors worth understanding. Or not. Some folks are prepared to broaden their understanding, others are not. Clearly both are represented among the members here.

I can't speak for anyone else obviously, but personally I am more than happy to broaden my understanding of this situation, but I prefer forming an opinion based on facts and not making baseless assumptions.

I didn't have much luck finding out Mr. Kennedy's income status. However, as the news report states, his sex offender status is public. Since he was charged with DUI, it sounds like we have a man, intoxicated, with a history of making poor decisions (his sex offense is sex with a person under 13 when he was 35). I think we may have a bad apple on our hands and no matter what Fox News has done to him, he might not be worth having over for Thanksgiving.

No excuse for what this guy did, but I’m betting a video of the ten minutes before this happened would be equally interesting.

Um, no, and that's not a point anyone's tried to make.

Just that if you want to understand why the 'caveman' thing happens, there are factors worth understanding. Or not. Some folks are prepared to broaden their understanding, others are not. Clearly both are represented among the members here.
This behavior has existed for centuries. Triggers may change over the history of man, but stupid behavior fueled by alchohol courage is nothing new.

Ted

Probably. And maybe the folks in the bigger boat did something discourteous to provoke the guy. But, I’m guessing that the ten minutes before wouldn’t show anyone watching Fox News or thrashing over stagnant wages.

I can hear the defense lawyer now: “Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you can’t hold the defendant responsible for ramming another boat and endangering lives. We have clearly proven that Fox News and stagnate wages made him do it.”

Defense rests.

Regardless of who made the first ill move, or why, as with many things in life, boat rage almost always takes two, to tango.

Hmmmm, an interest way to get your RIB up on your swim platform while the big boat is still underway. Just need one more person to catch the bow line.

I can hear the defense lawyer now: “Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you can’t hold the defendant responsible for ramming another boat and endangering lives. We have clearly proven that Fox News and stagnate wages made him do it.”

Defense rests.

If that that does not work perhaps they could go with the “Twinkie Defense” when they appeal it.

Seriously though, Mr. Kennedy (guy in the little boat) is solely responsible for his own idiotic, moronic, and or asshat actions. Since he was arrested for BWI it’s pretty obvious that he is missing at least several brain cells. These were his choices and therefore he is responsible for his actions and politics, economic, or his favorite t.v. station have nothing to do with it.

Interestedly, in most states I think, if you get a BWI the points go on your driver's license too.
SURPRISE, SURPRISE

From NJ website....

First-offense BUI for alcohol impairment or .08% BAC. A first-offense BUI involving alcohol impairment or a BAC of .08% or greater but less than .1% carries $250 to $400 in fines, a one-year boating privilege suspension, and a three-month driver’s license suspension.

Last edited:
This case reminds me of a story which might have been precipitated in a similar manner. I personally spoke the the big boat owner in the following case right after the event, and this is what he had to say about this incident in about the mid 1990s.

An Ocean 50 was proceeding in a narrow section (maybe 100 yards wide but with much narrower marked channel) of the GIWW (ICW to you east/west coasters) in an area of sparse to almost nil habitation when it passed by a small finger pier with a tin Jon boat attached. I am not sure he saw the pier and boat as they blended with the bank. Apparently there was a bit of wake, maybe a lot, but the Jon boat owner came running out of his house, jumped into the boat, cranked up the outboard and was quickly alongside and yelling at the Ocean which was at cruise speed. He was yelling and reached into his tackle box coming up with a pistol. He maneuvered to the side of the Ocean and got a hand (with gun) over the gunwale before he lost whatever grip he had on the Ocean, the gun, and reality and disappeared into the water. The Ocean's owner did not stop and quickly reported the incident. I do not know what happened to the crazy person in the Jon boat, but the cops were presented with the gun by the Ocean's owner.

Let's keep it out of politics, folks. The TF Site Team has edited and deleted posts in this thread with political references. This is a boating site. Let's keep it that way.

Back
Top Bottom