Boat fire Prince Rupert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDCAVE

Guru
Vessel Name
Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
Live now, 05:45 Monday July 17, 2017.
IMG_2027.jpg

Seems Prince Rupert has had more than it share of boat fires, of house fires, of boat fires on land, including a good bit of arson. A fire at the trailer park in April, another with two trailers in June. Boat explosion and arson of a house and boat in 2015. Then you add the wildfires in.

Then you add the wildfires in.

West of the Coast Mountains on the north coast of BC has been very cool and damp all spring & early summer. We've had fall mushrooms growing in lawns and alder trees are going yellow...no risk of forest fires here.

What kind of boat? Is it spreading? At least it doesn't look windy...

Seems Prince Rupert has had more than it share of boat fires, of house fires, of boat fires on land, including a good bit of arson. A fire at the trailer park in April, another with two trailers in June. Boat explosion and arson of a house and boat in 2015. Then you add the wildfires in.
Please.
You make it sound like Overtown and the nearest wildfire is 200 miles away, behind a serious mountain range.

I'm not sure Murray. We are at the new Marina and we really can't get to it. I'm sure they've got it locked off. This fires appears to be at the Prince Rupert Yacht Club.

I was out fishing for the day. We saw the boat being towed away. It looked to me like a commercial fish boat. It had burned down to about 2-3' above the waterline.

Yikes, we were just there a couple of days ago. But stayed at Cow Bay Marina, not the Rowing Club.

Hmmm looks like an aluminum boat...nice one too (once). Sad loss.

BC is burning up now, thousands evacuated and many houses lost. All things considered I'm glad I'm done with all that firebombing, its a young man's game.

I am corrected. It looked like an unusual design from the profile. As I said all of the superstructure was gone. They had the area taped off and were checking out the shoreside power receptacles this afternoon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom