Boat for Craig

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Willy
Vessel Make
Willard Nomad 30'
I believe you (Craig) wanted to see pics of this old Chris Craft.

The good is that it's been repowered w modern engines and re that a rarity as most likely not overpowered. May be only 110hp total.
No bling as you can see from the close-up pics but she may have good solid bones. As a 1937 wood boat she would most likely would need to be refastened and numerous pieces of wood replaced (hopefully skillfully) to be a buy at that price considering what wood boats are selling for these days.

I really like the boat. Especially the hull and obviously only guessing at her underwater lines. Could be a soft chine fwd and hard chine aft. I've seen boats this vintage that have that kind of hull. The cabin (especially the windows) seem visually a little bit awkward. The shapes have grown on me over time though. I walk by her often as we have a slip further out. Always like seeing her. Haven't seen the owner for over a year.

Attachments

• DSCF2018.jpg
    DSCF2018.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCF2017.jpg
    DSCF2017.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCF2020.jpg
    DSCF2020.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCF2019.jpg
    DSCF2019.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCF2021.jpg
    DSCF2021.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 108
would love to see more pics of that and interior

siestakey,
Being in covered moorage and having dark brown natural finish wood (almost 100%) it's not easy to see looking into the windows. She looks spacious to me but I've got a smaller boat. I'm sure the fwd cabin is very roomy but probably quite dark. Only better picture I could take is the port side when the other boat goes out. Interesting feature is that the front windows are hinged on top and swing fwd and up. Like some of the cars in the 30s. Perhaps I'll get some more pics.

My windscreen windows are top hinged too. I'm actually impressed as my Owens is 30 years younger than this Chris Craft yet the basic features are quite similar.

I'm certain a wood boat is in my future, just not for a few more years.

Craig,
Well if he dosn't drop the price and list it it may still be availible.
If there's any gold mine here it's probably the twin Yanmars or the hull ... IF it is. But most old boats like this have much later OHV V8 engines or even a very old flathead like a Nordberg, Red Wing ect. This boat being older than me must have been kept in an air conditioned warehouse for 40 years humidity controlled. She's 77 years old. Her hull could be ready to sink or clean and excellent. Don't know.

Thanks Eric

Back
Top Bottom