Old 09-24-2016, 10:43 PM   #21

City: Boerne, Tx
Vessel Name: HEY JUDE
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 36 Manatee #46
Cardude01...due to Lake Travis's fluctuating level, +/- 60' since '09, there's no travel lift that actually lifts a boat out of the water. Initially all boats ride out on a trailer & then transferred using a travel lift to either blocks & stands or to transport trailer as ours will Sept 30 for ride to Clear Lake. After we get some work done we'll motor to Rockport & be your neighbor at Cove Harbor.

Healhustler...at $1K for haul & tranfer, be happy with your travel lift fees. Ref our discussion about fuel tank access...I was almost giddy with excitement when I confirmed I have at least two 6" plates, one port & other centered & possibly one starboard but under AC unit.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:48 PM   #22

City: Boerne, Tx
Vessel Name: HEY JUDE
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen 36 Manatee #46

Old 09-24-2016, 10:59 PM   #23
Guru

City: Victoria TX
Vessel Name: Bijou
Vessel Model: 2008 Island Packet steadysailer
Bilge Keels

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude View Post
Cardude01...due to Lake Travis's fluctuating level, +/- 60' since '09, there's no travel lift that actually lifts a boat out of the water. Initially all boats ride out on a trailer & then transferred using a travel lift to either blocks & stands or to transport trailer as ours will Sept 30 for ride to Clear Lake. After we get some work done we'll motor to Rockport & be your neighbor at Cove Harbor

Very cool! Glad to have another neighbor. Will you be in one of the covered slips?

Yeah Travis water level has been crazy the last few years. We had a boat on Travis back in 1996-1999. Had a houseboat hauled from Lake Conroe to Travis for some reason. Don't know what I was thinking. 😂
cardude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 12:35 AM   #24
Guru

City: Port Credit
Vessel Name: DIRT FREE
Vessel Model: Benford Fantail 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisjs View Post
contact the designer Bob Johnson for more information; Good luck.
I've done a couple of surveys with Bob on old converted steel tugs (early 1900's). I did not feel qualified so passed the work on to Bob on condition that I got to hang over his shoulder. I learned a lot and can tell you he is a unique, funny, grumpy, witty, acerbic no nonsense, rule of thumb type character. You will be entertained in any conversation with the man.

boatpoker is offline   Reply With Quote