Bicycles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it is 2 miles or less I'll walk, weather permitting, and not too much to carry.

Otherwise we'll take a cab.

Steve W.

ANY bike big or small should be brush re painted .

Pink is the first choice , but we use Aviation Safety Yellow with good results.

KIDS will not steak super ugly , and males avoid PINK as a give away its a girls bike.

Keys and locks rust ,brass number locks are hard to release at night.

I have to different brands of folding bike Both ride well and pedal decent Bot will pinch your fingers if you are dumb like me

I keep 2 Hebb Electraglide 500 electric bicycles aboard. They're full-sized and don't fold, so I carry them atop my bridge deck using the boom and mast for hoisting. Up high, with a cover and at a cruising speed of only 7 knots, corrosion should be manageable.

They're pricey, about $2000 each, but they'll each carry 50 lbs of groceries at 20 mph for 3 hours per charge. *I have large water-resistant saddlebags and a rack in back, a good-sized basket in front. No vehicle registration or insurance is required. They also pedal with 7 gear speeds. So payback (per bike) comes after avoiding 100 $20 cab rides, or 40 $50 car rentals.*

I'm starting the Great Loop in the spring, *these bike should allow lots of cool off-boat explorations along the way. As a former avid motorcycle tourer, they also satisfy my need for 2-wheel speed.

I tried folding bikes with 20" wheels first - agree with the clown-bike comment.

Just my 400,000 cents

Jeff Wolf

M/V Vagabond

Pilgrim 40

Currently in Thunderbolt, GA

Attachments

• electroglide-silver-step-thru.jpg
    electroglide-silver-step-thru.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 58
Although it's not really bicycle related, I appreciate the folding cart recommendation for hauling groceries and supplies. It's something I hadn't thought of before.

We haven't needed to restock groceries yet, but there's a long trip in the planning stage where we will need to do that. Also, carrying 20 lb of ice would be easier with a cart than carrying it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom