Best Wastewater Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hjorgan

I think our Poop Pump has gone to sh*t. Looking for a waste pump replacement recommendation. Favorites and best experience?

Looks like it's unanimous 'cuz the Dometic/SeaLand T-Series pump is my choice too.

Environmental Marine is one of several regional Dometic/SeaLand "authorized service centers." Defender's price is $30 lower SeaLand T-Series Pump at Defender and you might even find it for less if you shop.

--Peggie

So is this better than the Whale Gulper? The whale costs less initially, and the rebuild kits are WAY less. Dometic/Sealand is quite proud of the little plastic bits in the rebuild as they are of all their replacement parts.

I think our Poop Pump has gone to sh*t. Looking for a waste pump replacement recommendation. Favorites and best experience?

"Best" is kind of a factor of tankage and power availability. If tankage is modest, a 5 gpm pump like the Sealand will work fine. If it is more than modest, and you have an inverter to supply 110vac, then a trash pump will move a great deal more waste water in the same amount of time. I like this one, which pumps around 24 gpm for me.

https://m.grainger.com/mobile/product/DAYTON-1-2-HP-Utility-Pump-5PXY0?fc=PDAP&analytics=altItems

I changed from Jabsco to Sealand when replumbed the system and I liked the change.

Sealand T Series diaphragm pump. I’ve installed them in my last two trawlers...nothing compares to they’re reliability. However, with that said, NEVER turn on the pump when the overboard valve is closed...it will create a vacuum and suck inside-out the duckbill. Easy fix but messy!

Back
Top Bottom