Best Intracoastal Waterway Guide/Chartbook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom.B

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Make
Navigator 4200 Classic
Subject about covers it. We have an old one from the 90's by the Kettlewell's. It's very cool, but surely out-of-date. Looking to start exploring the waterway in the spring. Got a favorite chartbook?

The Maptech chartkits are the most current up to date charts, and about the only ones,* and the Waterway Guide by Dozier and Skipper Bob reference books will provide all of the information you can possibly want. Chuck

-- Edited by Capn Chuck on Monday 19th of October 2009 07:22:12 PM

You might want to be a bit more specific about which ICW and where you're going. If in Texas, Campbell's guide is great to have, and the Southern Waterway Guide is good too.

Oh... Southeast. We're in the Neuse River and will be going north to MD and south to north Florida area.

Good deal. Yea, the printed flipbook we have now... we like. I'll take a look at Skipper Bob's book. We've heard of it, looked at the website, but just haven't seen one yet. We prefer the paper books and charts now anyway. Still getting our eyes primed to what to look for and not relying on a video game to get us around. That said, we are half upgrading to an older GPS and chartplotter to learn with the old before we spring for new.

Going to finish reading Coastal Cruising Under Power before I move on. Thanks for the tips y'all.

BTW--- Please don't waste your time bashing Mike at Paradise Yachts. It's wrong to drag him thru the mud and you all know it. While not a close friend or client of his, he is an acquaintance of mine and I will hate to leave this board because y'all start acting like schmucks. Thanks.

Hey Gonzo,**
** *I've seen Skipper Bob's at some West Marines and it is available through Blue Water Books in Ft. Lauderdale.

Have seen references to an internet site that discusses much of the ICW .

Nice to know where the water depth is 4 ft and which bridges are under repair , or have adde4d more restrictions.

Sorry don't have the address.

FF

We prefer the Waterway Guide.

Back
Top Bottom