Best Instructional DVDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angus99

Guru
Vessel Name
Stella Maris
Vessel Make
Defever 44
What DVDs have you found helpful? Anything from boat-handling to maintenance/systems to navigation to cruising guides. I have a $50 gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket and I'm flush with books.

(Hope this hasn't been covered before but the search tool doesn't accept 3-letter terms.)

We made a DVD cruising guide to the WA State Parks of the San Juan Islands. Not in your area, but it is one of the best places to cruise in N. America. Let me know if you want one and I'll give you the special Trawler Forum price.

WA State Marine Parks San Juan Islands

Attachments

• DVD Vol1 Poster-1.jpg
    DVD Vol1 Poster-1.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 103
Hey, Moonfish, could I take you up on that offer? Email me if so, please! Rob dot Meldrum at gmail dot com.

Movie "Capt. Ron" shows what to look out for LOL :)

alternator wired directly to battry

1973 perkins 90 hp diesel, either alternator not putting out or wiring bad. old boat, old wiring, lots of wires not connected. leery of reconnecting as i burned up some wires connecting what appeared to be obvious disconnects, but that did not work out well.

to avoid more mistakes, can i connect the alternator directly to the battery. thanks.

btw,i have not figured out how to simply ask this question.

1973 perkins 90 hp diesel, either alternator not putting out or wiring bad. old boat, old wiring, lots of wires not connected. leery of reconnecting as i burned up some wires connecting what appeared to be obvious disconnects, but that did not work out well.

to avoid more mistakes, can i connect the alternator directly to the battery. thanks.

btw,i have not figured out how to simply ask this question.

Welcome!

First, please start a new thread for this question in the electrical maintenance sub-forum.

Secondly (no, actually this should be first) please hire an electrician! There is no way to diagnose what you’re trying to describe and alternator wiring may be the least of your problems. This could be a disaster in the making.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom