Best eateries along your journey...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a special occasion, Marquesas' Café, Key West. Cruising through New Orleans, Brisbi's at West End for local seafood in a casual atmosphere.

A recent post about some good Mexican food prompted me to start this thread about experiencing great food while cruising aboard your boat.

Tell us about a favorite eatery you discovered along some of your journeys. :popcorn:

DD & Others

Just wondering if any / many are posting the recommendations on Active Captain?

One of my favorites on the NY Erie Canal is the Texas Smokehouse (not sure if that's the name but it's only a block from the canal wall tie-ups) in Spencerport (W of Rochester)

City Kitchen, Beaufort NC (TownCreek Marina)

Stillwater at Frontstreet, Beaufort NC (Beaufort Waterfront)

M&M's, Oriental NC (around the corner from the TownDock)

Floyd's 1921, Morehead City NC (walking distance from Morehead City Yacht Basin)

Spoon River in Belhaven NC, on the ICW

Spectacular (as is the Hardware store next door!)

I would think it would have to be on the water to qualify, and Beverly Hills, downtown Brooklyn (I mean, let's throw in all of LA and New York while we're at it?). This just in: Boston, NYC, LA, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Chicago, New Orleans, Charleston, Miami to name a few all have very good restaurants. And a waterfront. How about that!

I would think it would have to be on the water to qualify, and Beverly Hills, downtown Brooklyn (I mean, let's throw in all of LA and New York while we're at it?). This just in: Boston, NYC, LA, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Chicago, New Orleans, Charleston, Miami to name a few all have very good restaurants. And a waterfront. How about that!

Wifey B: We didn't know they had to be right by the marina. Thought a short taxi ride was ok. Oh and Beverly Hills was only after Larry's post.

Very few places I've been without a single good restaurant. I'll go back to reading and making note of those I haven't been to. :hide:

Last edited:
George wrote: "I would think it would have to be on the water to qualify . . ."

Agree, and boatable - meaning with a usable dock or at least a dinghy landing and nearby anchorage. But I'd settle for within walking distance of a safe dock or dinghy landing . . . oh, never mind.

I believe he was referring to the lack of posts from the left coast.
I read nothing about "posts"...only the lack of "good food" from San Diego to San Fran." for West Coasters in California.:blush:

I feel sorry for the West Coasters in California. No good food from San Diego to San Fran? :hide:

Au contraire mon frère. You're forgetting we have the Channel Islands where we find and then serve up a feast of some of the best abalone on the planet. Oh, if all the abalone you can eat isn't enough, we also have nearby Begg Rock which has some of the biggest scallops you've ever seen. Not enough? San Nicholas island and San Clemente island have some monster sea bass for those who want to enjoy a great fish dinner or better yet you can pull up some monster sized lobsters for an unforgettable culinary experience.

So, as you can see, us California West Coasters (I grew up in SoCal) have plenty of good food available. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom