Old 01-15-2018, 10:35 AM   #1

City: South Louisiana
Best Boat Show

My wife and I are considering purchasing a trawler> I know we cannot afford an new boat but are looking for something 10 to 15 years old. We are wanting to attend a couple of boat shows just to get a feel of what different manufacturers offer and try and find some built by that manufacturer that is older. In you opinion what would be some of the better boat shows to visit that has the most number of trawlers available to view?
latravcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:58 AM   #2
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Welcome aboard, if I missed you. IMO, pretty well any power boat show is worth attending particularly if it's an "in water" show. You can go aboard and at least see a wide variety of designs and layouts, some of which you may or may not like. There are also the shore-side vendors of gadgets and "stuff". Lots of fun for you and the Mrs.

Boat models may have changed in 10-15 years so that would not be my main reason for attendance.

The first question I would ask of you is "What do you want the boat to be to you?" Weekend trips, close by? Extended vacations (1-6 mos)? Live aboard? Maybe a "trawler" isn't the best fit for you.

I think there is a "stickey" called boat buying 101 that you may want to read if you haven't already.

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s...1-a-14905.html