Being watched....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhays

Guru
Vessel Name
Kinship
Vessel Make
North Pacific 43
I was sitting on the boat trying to locate a source for a Perko electrical plug. I look up and see this Heron staring at me. IMG_0309.jpg

Dave, around these parts it's considered good luck to have a Blue Heron watch you. 'We live on the Columbia and had one land out in the open are between us and the river. He stayed about 10 minutes then took off. First time I've seen that.

It’s good luck when they sit on someone else’s boat and watch you. Not so lucky when they sit on your own boat.

Well...I have a good bird story. I was motoring my sail boat down from Fort Lauderdale late one evening toward Key West. I was setting in a lawn chair on the front deck in dead calm conditions with my dog Bismark beside me. A gull flew around the the boat and just as a joke I stuck out my finger and ask the bird to fly on over. The bird flew straight to my finger, took one look at me and hopped off on the dogs head. I told Bismark to be cool because this must be Johnathon Livingston Seagull. I knocked on the deck to call my wife to see all this. She opened the hatch, took one look and said " it's just a damn seagull" and promptly went back to sleep.

I should have known at that very moment that this was not a marriage destined to last very long...but that is another story...lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom