Beautiful video of ocean crossing...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Speedy Charlotte
Vessel Make
Beneteau Swift Trawler 44
Not sure if this has been posted or not. Gorgeous scenery. Check it out!

Very cool!

Went to his youtube channel. He has some really neat videos.

Last edited:
That's neat!

Now how many of you guys do that for a living, or did? Comments?

That's neat!

I did quite a few crossings on commercial ships years ago, but I was usually down "in the hole" engineering crew.

Since mid 80's have done way to many trips to count as MegaYacht engineer, and about half the time also do a wheelhouse watch.

Usually the 4-8 watch has the good sunrise/sunset scenery, but I prefer the 8-12 watch, have more of a "normal" day, if it can be called that. And the general rule is to get as much sleep as you can, whenever you can, because you never know when the proverbial "Sh*t going to hit the fan" and you could be up for days.

I did quite a few crossings on commercial ships years ago, but I was usually down "in the hole" engineering crew.

Since mid 80's have done way to many trips to count as MegaYacht engineer, and about half the time also do a wheelhouse watch.

Usually the 4-8 watch has the good sunrise/sunset scenery, but I prefer the 8-12 watch, have more of a "normal" day, if it can be called that. And the general rule is to get as much sleep as you can, whenever you can, because you never know when the proverbial "Sh*t going to hit the fan" and you could be up for days.

Beretta,

Interesting.... how many days would you be away and then how many days at home? Suspect it could be hard on the home life.... or glamorous with a girl in every port....

That's neat!

I worked on the Ore Boats and my Grandfather was a Capt. That was a really great video. Some of the night shots reminds me of cruising the Great Lakes at night when the sky is so clear and the stars are beaming brightly. It's true a wonderful sight.

Thanks for posting the video Mr. M.:thumb:

H.

That's neat!

The video brought back great memories because I visited all of those places except for Sri Lanka, but I only have a few old photos and no videos.

3rd Asst. Engineer, steam plants, and never sailed on a diesel. High pressure, superheated steam can be a dangerous thing.

We were able to spend a few days in port back then when I was on break bulk, and even the older tankers but as noted in the video, these containerships are in and out in about 13 hours. I would think that would be the hardest part for me if I had stayed in.

A great way to see the world, and it taught me to appreciate the opportunities we have here in N. America after seeing some very impoverished places.

Excellent video.

Back
Top Bottom