Old 08-02-2015, 07:23 PM   #21
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codger2 View Post
I took a page out of Moonstruck's life a few years ago and bought a place in the mountains of AZ. (He has a cabin in the mountains of SE US. Actual location is undisclosed.) You see, Moonstruck is one of my heroes & really knows how to get the most out of life!

Since we have a water view from our dirt house & our boat, we can escape the boredom of seeing that every day and hole up in our mountain home. (I know, I know...that was pretty crude!)
Yeah, we have a rustic cabin in the North Georgia Mountains. In fact we will be going there after this trip to the boat. When I say rustic, I mean rustic. We have no A/C, and heat by fireplace and supplement with a propane heater. It is our kick back and put the feet on the furniture place. Walt's place is gorgeous with views to die for. I think Walt is living life to its fullest without my help.

http://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:54 PM   #22

City: discomfort.reactants.peanuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawgwash View Post
This doesn't look like Medellin
You are correct sir. It is the view from my winter home in Bahias de Huatulco, Oaxaca, Mexico.

1546'02.0"N 9604'37.0"W

Old 08-02-2015, 09:31 PM   #23
Master and Commander

City: Vallejo CA
Vessel Name: Carquinez Coot
Vessel Model: 2011 Seahorse Marine Coot hull #6
If I had a beach (river-front) house ...

Old 08-02-2015, 09:36 PM   #24
Guru

City: Hotel, CA
Quote:
I took a page out of Moonstruck's life a few years ago and bought a place in the mountains of AZ. (He has a cabin in the mountains of SE US. Actual location is undisclosed.) You see, Moonstruck is one of my heroes & really knows how to get the most out of life!
The only way I could take a page out of Don's book is if it was his checkbook

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled - Mark Twain
CPseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:49 AM   #25
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: "Sandpiper"
Vessel Model: 2006 42' Ocean Alexander Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksanders View Post
We are going on a look and see if we like it trip this winter to the Bullhead City area. If we both like it, we'll be snowbird house shopping after that.
Kevin, I lived in Scottsdale for 31 years & it's delightful IN THE WINTER! It's terribly hot about 7 months of the year. Yes, 7 months! I had a 28 foot pontoon boat on Lake Havasu and loved it. Took it on the Colorado River, through the Topoc Gorge to Bullhead and loved that also. It's a neat area but except for Laughlin, NV, it's pretty boring.

My passion for improving my boat(s) exceeds my desire to constantly cruise them.
Codger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 02:03 AM   #26
TF Site Team

City: SEWARD ALASKA
Vessel Name: LISAS WAY
Vessel Model: BAYLINER 4788
Quote:
Kevin, I lived in Scottsdale for 31 years & it's delightful IN THE WINTER! It's terribly hot about 7 months of the year. Yes, 7 months! I had a 28 foot pontoon boat on Lake Havasu and loved it. Took it on the Colorado River, through the Topoc Gorge to Bullhead and loved that also. It's a neat area but except for Laughlin, NV, it's pretty boring.
Thanks Walt!

We're thinking the area might be perfect for us being near the lakes. We could get a small boat and zip around Mojave or havasu or the river. Possibly get one of those side by side ATV's or take the one we have in Alaska that we almost never use and scoot around the desert a little.

We love our life here but we need to get somewhere warmer from late October through the first of April.

I've had allot of discussions with the wife about spending the winter on our boat somewhere warm and for me it sounds great, but for her well, that just doesn't have much appeal. A small dirt house somewhere warm, low maint yard for the dogs to play, etc... lakes nearby... that has allot of appeal for both of us.
www.mvlisasway.com
ksanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:58 AM   #27
Guru

City: Port Townsend Washington
Vessel Name: " OTTER "
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander Europa 40
The way I always viewed this topic is,

A boat can serve as a beach house, but a beach house is just a beach house.

Whenever we travel someplace in winter it is always on the water.. we always regret not being on a boat vs. being on the beach.

HOLLYWOOD

hollywood8118 is offline   Reply With Quote