Barnegat Bay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wxx3

Dauntless Award
Vessel Name
Dauntless
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 148
I'll be in Barnegat Bay this evening.

I'll be picking up a friend who is driving down tomorrow.

Anyone know of an easy pick up/drop location?
I don't want to use the dingy, as that is another shenanigan better left to a different time.:hide:

What about a water taxi? Does one exist there?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Richard
Slowly, but surely making my way north, but not to Alaska.:thumb:

My advice is not to go into Barnegat Light w/o getting some local knowledge. Call the Barnegat Light TowBoat US at 609-494-6385 for the latest on inlet conditions. Lots of shoaling outside and inside the inlet.
Bobbie's Boats is just inside the entrance (second marina on the east after coming in the inlet). Their number is 609-494-1345. They can also offer advice. They have transient slips and there's a good anchorage adjacient.
CALL beforre you go in. I got to know the TowBoat US guys personally a couple of years ago with a sailboat delivery. And we were between the channel marks.
If you're coming up the inside Bobbie's is not the best option. I'd still call for local conditions.

Thanks John and Chip,

Great advice and I actually did all you suggested as I entered the inlet.
I'm happily at anchor now. The TowBoatUS folks were great and even called me before I got in trouble, then they came over and helped me pick a spot to anchor.

I also spoke to Bob's Boats. They were great also, but I was too big for them, but they were still very helpful. I told them I read about them on Active Captain.

Thanks again and Thanks John for the offer, but don't think I need it now.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom