Bam!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
Well Sunday I got me a heart attack, an ambulance ride , a helicopter ride and a brand new stint . I need RT to reply with one of his videos and his humor . Everything is cool now and I'm home doing good . Should be back at work tomorrow and back working on boat Saturday . It has been a wild three days . Send me a good laugh RT

And Bam! it is. I have been watching the updates on your woodworking over time and admiring your work and energy. Sorry to hear that you had a rough Sunday, but glad to see you back so soon. Hang in there.
I hope you are able to get back to the boat soon, good medicine.

I will also wait for RT to get you going.

All the best to you, take care.

What a story! So glad you are doing so well. You must have excellent emergency care in that area. Did you go to Jackson or Memphis? Don't push it. William will be there waiting.

Greetings,
Mr. PM. Sorry to hear of your misfortune but you're alive and you'll be up swaggin' in no time....

activate.gif

Thanks guys.Don I went to emergency room here and then they flew me to Memphis.

Perfect RT !! She got it going on. Thanks

3 days and back at work! Tough guy! Way to go.

Some folks complain the younger generation just don't get it....
Wrong, the medical system today compared to say 30 years ago.....
Glad it worked out for you, follow the doc's orders!! And get the boat finished!

Glad you are doing so well, and so soon.

My daughter and her medical school roommate are just finishing up their second year. Both will be doing their rotations starting in July at Memphis. They are visiting us on the boat down here in Stuart, FL and ALL they do is study. The medical care in Memphis is bound to get even better! Howard (a proud papa.)

Happy you're back so soon. My heart episode put me five days in intensive care. (Hated having IVs in both arms.)

Dang. Right in the middle of the winter project, yet. Can't get it why you had it in the first place, but sure happy to hear that you're recovery is rapid. Are you sure about going back to the boat so soon. It's a good excuse for a vacation.

Glad to hear you are ok. Life is short. Some would lay about at home and bemoan their luck. Others realize they don't have time to waste. Good for you!

Ted

Bam! Indeed. Sounds like a busy day. Glad to hear you're on the mend.

Stents are great things, but take a couple of days & don't do any heavy lifting; they need a bit of time to settle in place. Glad to hear you are doing well

Glad you back so soon, but hope you don't rush it. Clots are still a risk. I hope you listen to your doc and take a long boat ride. Both can slow the world down a bit.

Hope your good health continues to improve.

Great job making it through all of that excitement in one day, and for coming back to TF to tell about it.

Now get better so you can get back on the boat.

Glad to hear of your fast recovery, kick back and relax for a few days. Thanks for reminding us all that good health has to be #1 on the work list. I used to think a half days work was 12 hours, now it's 3-4 hours and take the next day off.

Thanks everyone.This was not my first go with the heart thing ,but this one hurt like a muther .I had one stent put in about 12 years ago and then a triple bypass nine years ago.This blockage was in one of my bypasses .I don't smoke and never have .I drink a little rum and some red wine . I'm a bit intense when it comes to getting something done and I don't manage stress very well. Those are the things that need some work .These stents do make you feel a lot better real quick .Thanks for all your kind wishes. I'm ready to get back to boat talk .

Good to see barfoot woodworks back at it so soon. Take advantage of a few days on the boat concentrate on getting the rum right- then the boat

Hey Pac .... Mule is for tough .. right!

Get on the net and see what you need to do to grow old gracefully.

Glad you've bounced back!

Isn't that just amazing, a heart attack on Sunday and back to work on Thursday. Congratulations on your speedy recovery, you are a lucky man. Enjoy your boat.

I met the guy that invented the stent, he has 14 yachts. He deserves every one of them.

I'm very glad to hear you are on the mend, I've been enjoying your progress on your projects and fully expect to follow you for many more years. Take care.

I enjoy admiring the progress of your work, glad you made it through in good shape. Can you have an annual check,? stress test or something,so it hopefully gets found early and avoids the full on emergency?

Thanks everybody . BruceK I've been doing a stress test every three years . I just had one 4 weeks ago and everything looked good . I see the heart doc every 6 months . I go back for my post op in about 10 days , maybe he will be able to tell me more .

Hey Pac .... Mule is for tough .. right!

Get on the net and see what you need to do to grow old gracefully.

Glad you've bounced back!
Eric not so sure about the tough part . I wanted to go to the boat and work today but it was a little to cool to paint .My wife was happy she wanted me to take a break today anyway ,maybe tomorrow she says . She made the suggestion to organize my stainless steel screws ."Your always complaining ", "I can't find the right screw or bolt or nut or washer " It kinda sounds like an old man kinda thing to do ,but I guess I'll give it a whirl .I know I almost always have what I need but can't ever find it. Anybody ever take the time to do this? Maybe I could start another thread and get everybody to show their stainless screw assortment . When I was about ten years old an old man was my best friend and he used to keep his in baby food jars with the lids screwed to the bottom of a shelf . I thought that was the coolest thing . I'm bored so if anyone reads this and wants to show off their screw assortment BRING IT ON !

PacMule it would take many pics to show all my screws. Too many places. Despite the many screws I save (because of my unorganized nature) most of the time I go to the store when I need one. Usually waste too much time looking. Wife got me started too but my usual prevailed. My screws are mostly in plastic tubs w lids that are a bugger to get off. My dear wife bought me 3 of those plastic 2'x2.5' wall things that have 25 to 40 little plastic drawers. She filled them while we lived in Alaska and even labeled them. Shackles, bushings, plugs, vacuum caps, screws (SS wood SM ect) and lots of other stuff.

Not an old man kind of thing. It's a round too it thing.

I'm a bit sad you're changing your boat name. It's so similar to "Willy" and there aren't many boy boats.

Eric I may not change the name .It's a bit of PITA to do it .Besides if I keep it a boy name boat I can get by with some of finishes left a little rough like some of my crappy fiberglass work .

Back
Top Bottom