Bahamas Itinerary and Q's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wifey B: Not currently planning on hitting Newfoundland this trip. We are far far east and some north vs. London, just not quite that far. Making notes for the future though. ;)

On a boat? Grew up in Halifax.

On a boat? Grew up in Halifax.

Wifey B: On a boat, yes. But doing a lot of land touring in vans. Just spent three days in Halifax. Had an incredible time in Nova Scotia as we did try to see all the sights we could. Getting more in today from Port Hawkesbury. Exploring north. Currently eating lunch in Sydney.

Were truly shocked by the Harbor in Halifax. Had no idea how large, how deep, or how active.

Everyone here complaining about a "warm and humid airmass" and we're all so thrilled by "normal" temperatures and humidity. :)

WifeyB

Love NS, especially Peggy’s Cove, very picturesque. Have fun!

Ski

We are at the almost end of out four week Bahamas and I’ll tell you I have no intention of adding up the bills because this has been a good trip and that might ruine it. LOL

I have a few observations about this trip but let me tell you how much I love the watermaker, long showers and we can hose down the boat. I think we have made over five hundred gallons. (I remember the three of us cruised three weeks in the Bahamas on sixty gallons of water, true we cooked with beer and brushed our teet with beer)

We really want to have a water maker on board on our next trip to the Bahamas.

A watermaker is a life changer, I truly appreciate it. It great to have the best tasting water and a limitless supply.

A watermaker is a life changer, I truly appreciate it. It great to have the best tasting water and a limitless supply.

Yep, the water hunt, and having to buy bottled, gets old when down there.

I used to get so jealous watching one of our neighbor boats power washing his boat with fresh water last trip. :D

Yep, the water hunt, and having to buy bottled, gets old when down there.

I used to get so jealous watching one of our neighbor boats power washing his boat with fresh water last trip. :D

Wifey B: I can't deal with restricted showering. :nonono::nonono::nonono::nonono: Therefore, watermaker a must. :)

Yes, but you shower together so per person your not using very much. :)

Yes, but you shower together so per person your not using very much. :)

Wifey B: True but sometimes they run very long. Takes a while just to wash my hair and we have others aboard who take long showers too. We do our part to conserve though. Well, sort of. When you have multiple people in a shower sometimes it goes longer. :rolleyes:

Wouldn’t cruise without a watermaker. This trip we have probably broke even on cost. Almost three years and we have made 28,070 gallons. Lots of the places we have been are not only expensive but the quality was poor at best.

The softness sucks, but we cope.

In Berrys now for another week or two, then not sure....

Yea, a watermaker would be nice. But on this trip with just moderate conserving we did just fine. There are periods where my boat travels little and that is hard on watermakers. Also I have traveled as engr on other boats with watermaker and it seems I spent more time fiddling with it than any other piece of equipment.

So the trip was a success. Pulled up to my dock in NC this afternoon. Ran the ditch from Charleston to SENC as it was a little choppy offshore and I was getting tired.

Boat did great. One gennie impeller, had to clean strainers a few times, and an AC thermostat needed batteries today. No other problems.

Time for a nap in the house....

Yea, a watermaker would be nice. But on this trip with just moderate conserving we did just fine. There are periods where my boat travels little and that is hard on watermakers. Also I have traveled as engr on other boats with watermaker and it seems I spent more time fiddling with it than any other piece of equipment.

So the trip was a success. Pulled up to my dock in NC this afternoon. Ran the ditch from Charleston to SENC as it was a little choppy offshore and I was getting tired.

Boat did great. One gennie impeller, had to clean strainers a few times, and an AC thermostat needed batteries today. No other problems.

Time for a nap in the house....

Wifey B: :dance::dance::dance: So glad your trip went well. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom