Anyone Receive The Latest PassageMaker Yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes if you're talking the physical printed magazine; got mine in the mail yesterday... always a fun read...

Yes if you're talking the physical printed magazine; got mine in the mail yesterday... always a fun read...

Nice ViewFinder photo! :D

I don't get it, but went to the www.PassageMaker.com website (assuming they are related and found two interesting articles right off the bat:

First was a charter company setting up operations on the Rideau (interesting to those boatless like me),

Second, the Mexican alternative to the Panama Canal.

Oh yeah, a sunken fisher being reborn in Australia... Good stuff

Looks like Menzies took the photo featured in the mag this month, hey great capture of a beautiful eagle, nice job!

Got mine.
I’m sad that the magazine is not what it used to be.
The content is getting skinnier and skinnier. I have a bunch of old back issues (10 years old) and the difference is huge.
I read this months magazine in like 15 mins and then tossed it.

Care to show the photo here?

Got mine.
I’m sad that the magazine is not what it used to be.
The content is getting skinnier and skinnier. I have a bunch of old back issues (10 years old) and the difference is huge.
I read this months magazine in like 15 mins and then tossed it.

I have all of mine on my home office bookcase and I was remarking on the same when this one came. I think a big part of it was when Steve D'Antonio retired from article writing and focused on his own surveying and marine services business. A big loss.
I just pulled my June 2004 copy and it was 240 pages - this months - 120 pages. And the Ads make up a larger percentage. I will continue subscribing though as it is the best mag out there for my type of boating. And I keep them!

Last edited:

Attachments

• PM1.jpg
    PM1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 185
  • PM2.jpg
    PM2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 148
  • PM3.jpg
    PM3.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 169
Don't find it interesting. Also, don't want to think my boat is not big/grand enough for me to be happy.

Don't find it interesting. Also, don't want to think my boat is not big/grand enough for me to be happy.

I find that an interesting comment - as they focus mainly on small trawlers and the recreational trawler lifestyle - not the big boys.

Yes, I agree when Steve D was a big contributor to the magazine, it was WAY better!
There just not much “content” anymore.
I hope they’re listening.....readership is bound to go down otherwise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom