Anyone missing a 4-bladed prop?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

refugio

Guru
Vessel Name
Lulu (Refugio sold)
ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1432870957.080707.jpg

No wonder it hasn't arrived yet, they took the 5! Great it'll never get here :)

The good news is that 18" shaft will fit like a glove!

My guess is that's over 8'6" in diameter. Hauling it standing up like that, they avoided getting an over width permit.

Conall

My guess is that's over 8'6" in diameter. Hauling it standing up like that, they avoided getting an over width permit.

Conall

I'm struggling to see how that makes a difference.

So that's how you get skis inside! I've been leaving them by the door for years!

This one is attached to a shaft. Don't have a great pic, but this might help - look at the tiedowns. Shaft was maybe 15' longImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1432904855.621648.jpg

I do not recognize the prop but the exit off I 99 is very familiar also not far from the ball parks,CG station, and the big dig fiasco in Seattle.

Rotated 45 degrees it may have been over 8' 6" but up on the truck bed it could more likely be over height. Even if size was an issue (and I don't think so) any savy truck driver would load it as low as possible. What it's mounted on could be a limiting factor as well. I personally would have put it more centered on the truck trailer. The fact that they used a low boy trailer indicates it brobably would have been over height on a standard trailer. Talk'in about this takes me back. Most all the trucks I drove were flat beds.

Gotta love Amazon Prime free shipping.

Isn't that my missing propeller? :ermm:

Looks like a CP prop. Shaft might be integral to it to enclose controls. So they pull prop/shaft as a unit.

My guess is 10' dia, probably for a 300-odd foot ship.

Its from the "second largest outboard motor you ever saw" - Siegfried
latest

Back
Top Bottom