Anyone know what this is?....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foster Nordic

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Lesser Light
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 32
These fittings go through the deck just in front of my inboard engine. I'm wondering what they are - possibly to the wastewater tank?

Attachments

• IMG_2692.jpg
    IMG_2692.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 140
Holding tank sensors

Looks like my SeaLand level sensor/ vent line fitting.

If the photo is upside down--iow, those fittings are actually in the top of the tank--the round one is most likely the sending unit for a waste tank level indicator. There should be a light panel in the head that indicates the level in the tank and has the brand name on it. It may or may not still be working, though.

The writing on the white hose says "potable water and sanitation," which can either be the hose from the toilet or hose that it goes to the deck pumpout fitting. If it's the pumpout line, there'll be a pickup tube (hopefully NOT metal!) on it inside the tank that goes to the bottom. The gray fitting appears to be a reducing adapter, which would make that hose the inlet from the toilet. I have no idea what the rectangular panel next to it is or why it's there.

The tank appears to be fiberglass...and that somebody just glassed in the hose connections instead of installing proper fittings for thread-barb hose fittings. They also failed to double clamp the hose connections.

You should be able to trace both hoses to find out what's at the other end of 'em and you need to do that before using the toilet which, judging from what I'm seeing at the tank, may need work too...and the tank may or may not be empty.

These fittings go through the deck just in front of my inboard engine. I'm wondering what they are - possibly to the wastewater tank?

Unscrew the one with the electrical wires going to it and do a "sniff test". Now you know what it is.

It is indeed upside down picture. All those fittings go straight downward. Thanks for this, all makes sense that it's the holding tank and sensor. I'm grateful for your answers. Thank you.

It is indeed upside down picture. All those fittings go straight downward. Thanks for this, all makes sense that it's the holding tank and sensor. I'm grateful for your answers. Thank you.

I have a feeling that system is gonna need some work. If you'd like some help sorting it all out, feel free to send me a private message...I'm always glad to help when I can!

Happy New Year!

Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein

Back
Top Bottom