Anyone here using coastal explorer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeattleJew

Vessel Name
Malkah Z
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 43
ANYONE HERE USING COASTAL EXPLORER?

We are newbies but are very impressed. Along with the company's Nemo, Coastal Explorer not only does chart plotting, it can do radar and integrate all NMEA data. eg tankage, engine data, fuel use, etc.

CE runs on any PC and, if you need a dayight screen, the price of those monitors now is falling well below such stuff as a Mareton "glass bridge" or Garmin/Raymarine?Furono MFD!

PLUS, since this is Windows, you can easily integrate cruising guides and assorted apps!
photo.php

ANYONE HERE USING COASTAL EXPLORER?

We are newbies but are very impressed.
photo.php

Yes. Many of us are. Ive yet to hear a harsh word. I've been running Explorer for three years on an old Windows 7 platform and a Big Bay monitor (15", 1,000 nits) seems like every week i discover a slick new feature

I have had occasion to talk with their customer service with the following results:

1. Chart updates are free in perpetuity: "We get those data free from the govt, why would we charge you?" (Lets hope they never discuss this with Jeppesen)

2. Re: one of my 3 computers is failing (CE sells 3 downloads) : "oh yeah, just call us with the identification of the old and new computers and we'll transfer the license."

In short, a great, clever product at a very appealing price.

I just started using Coastal Explorer and like it better than TZ Nav or OpenCPN. I run all 3 on different computers for evaluation. TZ Nav works well and is easy to add equipment, but I dislike the proprietary charts and don't ever use the 3d function.
Coastal Explorer works well on an old Dell in windows 7. Seems easy to tie in other equipment. It's currently my main nav program. But still looking for more features.

Been running CE for at least four years on a HP cheapo laptop. Very happy with it. It just works.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom