Anyone else blocked from Active Captain?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mcboatface, as you will see from my profile, I have been on this forum a very long time, and proud to be a moderator on it. I can therefore tell you that your summary dismissal of the vast majority here in your post could not be more wide of the truth. Especially when you say..."I have never, ever, in over thirty years of being online (remember CompuServe?), met a more vicious crowd than this." I just cannot in all fairness therefore, allow you to continue to hold this view unchallenged, thus impugning the great number of decent members on this forum.

You have 17 posts to your credit, so in effect you are jumping in and judging folk on here in a very general way based on not much real knowledge or experience of the forum, so committing the same crime you are accusing others on the forum of committing.

I am unaware of the situation you refer to regarding your initial reception on the forum, and why you feel you were slighted or offended in some way, but if such did happen, it may well have been something to do with the very attitude you have just demonstrated, my criticism of which I suspect you will now add to your hurt file.

It so happens this thread is somewhat unique in that various members are merely expressing bewilderment and hurt that they appear to have been shut out of a resource they valued, and seeking answers as to why, as it appears the measures are based purely on the owner getting square with them in a fit of pique because they did not agree with his somewhat extreme views on the subject of diet, no less. I suggest, that because you are not on here much, you are therefore unaware of what lead up to this, and have kind of jumped in with boots on, when a lighter tread would have been wiser. Just sayin'

Footnote:
I have now had time to look up the early post you refer to when you were trying to get your boat home, but stymied by Hurricane Matthew. Sure you were stressed, but attacked, no. You received some good counsel, and supportive and sympathetic posts. The odd poster did try to suggest that things would improve, and could have been worse, which understandably maybe did not go down that well with you at the time. However, now I suggest in the cold light of day you revisit those posts, and if you're the sort of fellow I think you are, you may well come back with a modest apology..? And all will be well...

Last edited:
I got a reply from my inquiry to Active Captain. I want to keep any he-said, she-said out of this, but suffice it to say my access has not been restored.

Case closed, from my perspective. I know one person/business to avoid in the future.

Wow. Just.. wow.

It would be great if we could leave our political beliefs out of this thread (and others), and save them for the Off Topic and Off The Deep End forums. It really sucks when threads get dragged into the mud because one or more people see an opportunity to inject their political views.

............................. Seriously, I have never, ever, in over thirty years of being online (remember CompuServe?), met a more vicious crowd than this. ..................

Have you ever been on the Cruisers Forum? That place makes this forum look like a 1960s love-in. :rolleyes:

On any forum, including this one, there is a core group of cyber bullies who participate mostly to argue. Whatever your level of experience in a subject, they've done it for 35 years and know better than you. They have been everywhere and done everything. Their every response is phrased as an insult.

There is good information on boating forums, but there is also bad information and as you said, you have to wade through all the BS and insults.

I got a reply from my inquiry to Active Captain. I want to keep any he-said, she-said out of this, but suffice it to say my access has not been restored.

Case closed, from my perspective. I know one person/business to avoid in the future.

Actually, I miss-spoke. The email I received from Jeffrey was NOT in reply to my inquiry to AC about being banned, but was rather a response, with quote, to one of my posts in this thread. So I'm not sure whether to count it as a reply or not.

But at this point, I think it's moot. As a result of being blocked, what was a disagreement with a person is now also disdain for their product.

Greetings,
Good grief. 125 posts for a simple question. In light of the fact I sense a rising in tensions, I suggest this thread be closed.

Greetings,
Good grief. 125 posts for a simple question. In light of the fact I sense a rising in tensions, I suggest this thread be closed.

This was a question that naturally brings a lot of responses and opinions. It's far from a simple question. One wouldn't have expected simple yes or no answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom