Old 06-29-2016, 11:38 AM   #21
Guru

City: Quebec
Vessel Name: Bleuvet
Vessel Model: Custom Built
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny pipes View Post
Wow that's an awesome boat if you wanna talk Lang's give me a call 781-507-5710 I'd love to chat
Hi Johnny, I hope you won't mind me but I am a better writer in English than speaker as my native language is French so I would rather chat here

I am leaving up there in Quebec.

This boat is my first ever boat and I really love it.
As a single screw it may be a bit difficult to handle while docking when you are a newbie like me but like told me the previous owner... if you can dock this one you can dock everything!
I bought it end of May and after a bit more than one month of ownership I already have a list long like my arm of things I want to do on it to make it my own

Lou_tribal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #22
Veteran Member

City: Winthrop
There's not a ton of langs around but I've spoke directly to ted lang and he did build boats in Canada what year is she and how did she start off life was it just a hull bought from Lang?

Johnny pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:53 PM   #23
Guru

She was born in 1994, built by a guy in Quebec city. That guy was a mechanic and he did a tremendous work at building this beauty, I am truly impressed about the amount of work he did. The hull was bought from lang and he built on top of it. From what I know he did everything by himself.
The engine in it is a fishing boat engine that he fully rebuilt when he fit it in the boat. The brand is Acadia, it was an engine manufacturer from Nova Scotia that was building fishing boat engine. The manufacturer is long gone now, I think they went out of business in the 70s.
They built their first engine in the 30s!
The engine is running like a swiss clock and is starting as soon as you touch the key. I am driving a Porsche and this motor is starting better than the one in my car, I am amazed.
It is a purely mechanic engine, no electronic whatsoever and naturally aspirated straight 6cyl. The power is evaluated at 100 horse power.
When I saw her I felt in love and nearly 2 month later I can just say that I have no regret.
It is not a brand new boat so for sure there are some thing to fix here and there but really nothin dramatic and most of things are purely cosmetic.
The previous owner ( the guyfrom who I bought it, the second owner) bought it in 97 from the builder and has change most of the furnitures by some he did himself in hard mahogany, him too did a really great job.
Now I am taking over from him and will fix the remaining things and will change few thing to make it mine.
She is my second love and better than evrything else, my wife love her too she is not jealous
Old 06-30-2016, 06:58 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Wow that's an awesome story I love boats and have been on them my whole life
Lang hulls are strong and cut through the water nice where was the hull built do you know where he purchased it from
Old 06-30-2016, 08:16 PM   #25
Guru

No unfortunately that is all I know about this boat. I tried to find the guy that built it without success. I also tried to find more info about the engine withut more success.
I love boats that have an history, for me it is kinda like a piece of mankind we should preserve. Even if it sounds a bit stupid, for me something that needed hundreds or thousands of work for someone to be built is an history tresure and should be preserved just to honor the effort that was put in it.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:24 PM   #26

City: York harbor
Hi all, i am new to this forum, and i have just recently bought a 1973 Lang hull, but it is listed on the title as a Passamaquaddy hull. have you ever heard of that brand being used on a lang hull ?.
lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:10 PM   #27

Passanaquaddy / Lang hull

I will try to post a picture of the Lang / Passamaquaddy boat that i recently purchased. (apparently she had come off her mooring during a storm and wound up on the shore, which is why the bow rail looks a bit off in the picture).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ebay boat.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	53714  
Old 07-01-2016, 11:14 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Hey lobsterman cool boat is that the 280 model and where are you located
Old 07-01-2016, 11:36 AM   #29

Yes it is a 28' Lang that was somehow sold as a Passamaquoddy. It is the identical model to the boat in this link that i will try to post.. ( only the one i have is not in anywhere near as good condition as the one in the link). The boat is currently in Mass, but i hope to have her hauled up to Maine very soon, so that i can begin working on fixing it up.
Lang 28 Down East FB Cruiser REDUCED - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

http://http://www.thehulltruth.com/b...r-reduced.html
Old 07-01-2016, 11:41 AM   #30

Stern view pic.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ebay boat pic 2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	53728  
Old 07-01-2016, 11:44 AM   #31

Another pic.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ebay boat pic 3.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	53729  
Old 07-01-2016, 03:12 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Hey lobsterman I was just looking at that boat yesterday give me a call 781-507-5710 I'm in boston
Old 07-02-2016, 10:36 PM   #33

Ok, i'll try to give you a ring tomorrow. Sorry i didn't get back online sooner, things have been kind of hectic around here the lately.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:36 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Hey lobsterman how's the Lang going for you
Old 03-11-2017, 08:17 AM   #35

City: Falmouth
Lang 28 - more information

I am late to the original post, but hope you find this information helpful. I bought the Lang 28 that is carried in the link to the Hull Truth website. The previous owners we purchased it from were incredibly friendly and helpful with the transfer and education of the operation of the boat. They owned (andl loved) Lady Louise for many years and decided to move up to a larger trawler. The boat was very well maintained over the years with a complete refit in 2006. I bought the boat when I retired and my wife and I have enjoyed every minute that we spend on her. The refit replaced the old engine with an 8.1 Crusader engine that runs flawlessly. Although the boat is capable of higher speeds, I like to cruise at around 10 knots or under. This is my first big boat, so I had to get use to the single screw steering, but I have long ago adapted and feel like I can operate the boat blindfoled. The boat is incredibly seaworthy, as my wife and I found out when we got caught out on Nantucket Sound when a squall blew through. We were kicked around a bit and it was pretty scary, but there is no doubt that this boat will get you back to port safely even under the worst conditions. Not sure how many more years I will be able to keep the boat given my age, but will definitely enjoy every moment spent on the boat. I do have some of the original brochures and would be willing to copy and mail out at no cost if anyone is seriously interested. To all current and future Lang owners -- enjoy an incredible boat!
Langster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:59 PM   #36
Guru

Hi Langster, welcome aboard and welcome to the very closed word of lang boat owner!
Old 03-11-2017, 04:11 PM   #37
Guru

City: Saint Augustine, Fl.
I think Phil Bolger designed some or all the Langs?
Sailor of Fortune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #38
Veteran Member

From what Ted told me they designed them together to make something they were both happy with
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0367.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	62803  
Old 03-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Some pics of my Lang 330
Attached Thumbnails