Old 02-12-2015, 02:56 AM   #1
Veteran Member

City: Jacksonville, FL
Vessel Model: Searching...
Any Novatec Owners here?

Good-day all! I know they aren't "exactly" trawlers, but Novatec does have a line of "Islander" yachts that are considered "fast trawlers". I was hoping to gather some experienced information on them (particularly the 2000-2004 48/55 model). With just about everything onboard that's on our list of "must haves", these boats strike me as something worth looking into.
If anyone has any stories, experiences or the like regarding these models, please let me know. I would like to know a couple of things, if you had your choice to change anything on your model, what would it be? As a diverse boat that can be a slow trawler as well as having the ability to run the bank account down, what is your average 6-10 knot GPH? Is it still around the trawler consumption of about 5-8 gph (conditions considered)? Appreciate any and all feedback, I really like the looks of these boats, in and out.

Thanks!
Scott & malina

Old 02-05-2016, 11:37 AM   #2

City: Chicago
Scott & Malina, now it's my turn. Dd you purchase a Novatec ? Please offer your vews if so. Thanks, Mpgjr

mpgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 02:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

City: Jacksonville, FL
Vessel Model: Searching...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgjr View Post
Scott & Malina, now it's my turn. Dd you purchase a Novatec ? Please offer your vews if so. Thanks, Mpgjr
No, not yet. We're still in the looking and research phase. Should be ready to pull the trigger in a couple years. We haven't decided for or against the Novatec style. I know of all the boats we've seen, I can say that a stand up ER is on the shortlist. So, I do not know if the Novatec will remain on our list. Although they seem pretty roomy in there. Just haven't seen one up close yet. Sorry, I wish I could lend you some advise, but not yet.

Scott and Malina