Any experience with a 52’ Jefferson Marquesa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnEasley

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Wanderlust
Vessel Make
1999 Jefferson Rivanna 52'
We are going to see a 1989 model. Wondering if anyone is aware of their reputation? Any issues with handling at trawler speeds? Any problematic construction issues? Is the hull fully cored or solid below the waterline?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

John

We have a 1990 52 Marquessa. She handles very well at generally any speed. We do not have thrusters and the props have very good bite so we can handle without thrusters. She handles much better than our previous 45 Sea Horse. I can't say for sure but I believe it is solid below the waterline. If you need to replace head hoses it can be a real pain. the hoses are tie wrapped in underneath subfloor. You can get to them and I can give you ideas of how I did it but don't under estimate this job if the boat needs these hoses replaced. What area will you be boating in?

Thanks for the insight, Roger. We’ll be based out of west central Florida but plan to travel extensively through the Gulf, Bahamas, and the eastern seaboard.

John, how did the look and see go with the Jefferson Marquessa?

John, how did the look and see go with the Jefferson Marquessa?

Roger, unfortunately, we have not been able to get aboard one. There is only one within driving range for a quick look-see but the broker advised it is under contract.

The interior dimensions and layout appear to be quite similar to the Hatteras 53 Extended Deckhouse.

We have time. We're in no rush. We will eventually get aboard one and will eventually find the right fit for us.

John

Understand. If you get up to the panhandle some time and would like to get on board one just contact me. We live in Niceville, just across the bay from Destin.

Understand. If you get up to the panhandle some time and would like to get on board one just contact me. We live in Niceville, just across the bay from Destin.

Awesomely generous. Thank you, Roger. We may take you up on that one day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom