Another anchorage gone - Washington, DC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meridian

Guru
Vessel Name
Meridian
Vessel Make
Krogen-42
Another one gone.

The area in front of the Gangplank Marina and Capital Yacht Club is now off limits for anchoring. There are now 8 mooring balls in front of the two marinas for $25 a night. $10 daily dinghy dock at Gangplank or $16 daily at the YC. If you anchor, the police will come out and tell you to move.. You can still anchor south of the police station.

What is the transient rate at the gangplank?

Boy am I glad I don't boat over there!

Terry,
Who is running the mooring balls?
Gotta love that KK
Arch

You expect free?

If you want to get robbed, check out the marina rates in New York City!

If you want to get robbed, check out the marina rates in New York City!

$7.50 at Chelsea, $6 at North Cove, but across the Hudson and very convenient only $3.50. Or then those variable by size One 15 Brooklyn is from $3.50 for under 40' to $9 for over 150'. And not even Manhattan, it's Brooklyn...lol

Then you think NY rentals are high until you go to Hong Kong. I had a friend who paid $1900 for a one bedroom in NY and thought that was high. Well, her Hong Kong apartment was $6000.

The Gangplank controls the moorings which I understand the City owns. I've heard three different explanations from the Marina and the police on who authorized this. One said the mayor, another said congress, another said the harbor master authorized it. The Coasties were unaware of any of this. The Yacht Club was not notified of this in advance. Looks like another local power grab.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler Forum

So instead of accepting it, get some folks together hire a lawyer and take it to court.

So instead of accepting it, get some folks together hire a lawyer and take it to court.

And if you win, you may even be able to collect your damages. Let's see...how many days would you be staying there this year? Multiply that by $25 and that would be the potential damages you're incurring. So, if you had four days, then the winnings might offset 20 minutes of your legal fees.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom