Anchor and Spreader Lights NOT working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kurt.reynolds

Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
1982 Grand Banks Motoryacht
New to us GB 42 1982 Motoryacht. Neither Anchor Light or Spreader Lights work. Navigation lights working great.

Do the wires for the Mast Head run thru the flying bridge console or straight thru the overhead in the Salon.

Anyway I am interested in some troubleshooting tips. I am starting tomorrow with getting a ladder to the anchor light to check voltage.

Thanks
Kurt

If there are switches for those lights on the flybridge then yes, otherwise probably not.

First and most likely place for a problem is in the light fixture. Either burned out bulb or more likely corrosion on bulb or contacts or possibly bad wire connection where it connects to light.

Much less likely to have a problem inside the boat.

Ken

Our Fu Hwa has a large/long connection buss under/inside the flybridge enclosure, right in front of the steering position. You may have the same; start troubleshooting there. Beats lowering the mast, although corroded connections and/or burned out bulbs are pretty likely.

I made a new mast with all new wiring. Its initial 'failure to thrive' was in the plug that I'd misassembled at the base of the mast. You may have a corroded plug there, too.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom