Anchor Rode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another question might be how do I know I am getting quality rope?

That might be implicit in his question.

I would likely just look for a deal on a 600’ spool of a quality 3 strand such a Sampson or New England rope. I don’t mind buying cheap three strand and have done so for dock lines, snubbers, etc... but for an anchor line that you really don’t want to have to replace very often and is maybe a bit more of a pain to inspect, I’d go with a known manufacturer.

Hopcar has experience with this....

Amazon has the best prices I’ve been able to find, other than the occasional sales WM has. If you’re not in a hurry, wait for ine of those. They’re usually 50% off.

JD,

Your question begs another...are you looking for an all-chain rode, an all-rope rode, or a combination of chain and rope rode? Cable?

Like Dave said, you can’t go wrong with Samson or New England ropes.

Ive always used three strand but the hot ticket now is plaited rope. You can store more in the same space.

For chain, I’d buy Peerless / ACCO American made chain or Titan chain made in China by Canada Metals.

Since you want to buy on the internet, stick with name brands as you won’t be able to see and feel the product before you buy it.

I take it home is Compton, CA?

If so, I'd recommend Fisheries Supply for high quality and good prices.

On the east coast, Miami Cordage.

I've bought chain from Fisheries Supply and combo rode from Defender. Each had great prices at the time.

Back
Top Bottom