anchor riders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slowboat 37

It's nice to have a windless for that extra load. We've also had a pair of pants, crab pots and cable. What comes up on yours?

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 112
Nothing exotic like your picture shows. I had about 50' of a 1" rusted cable come up one time. It took awhile with the boat hook to free it while the anchor was still in the water.

A beer bottle. Empty unfortunately.

Another anchor. Got tangled up in it last year. :banghead: We figured it was used for an abandoned mooring. The line on the left is holding it till we can slack off on our anchor chain. Fortunately, an other cruiser came by in his dinghy and helped untangle the mess.

Attachments

• 003ab.jpg
    003ab.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 105
This motorcycle and its accessory. But the accessory looked like it might be too expensive to maintain, so I did catch and release with it. Just before the Admiral saw it, thank the gods. And I'm not so sure that I would have known what to do with it had she seen it and still remain in the land of the living.

Attachments

• Bike.jpg
    Bike.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 115
This motorcycle and its accessory. But the accessory looked like it might be too expensive to maintain, so I did catch and release with it. Just before the Admiral saw it, thank the gods. And I'm not so sure that I would have known what to do with it had she seen it and still remain in the land of the living.

I hear you. The twins are costly to maintain.

Rock that wouldn't come out easily. I finally used a trip line.

Attachments

• B0000464.jpg
    B0000464.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 104
A tree,
a Danforth about 15 lbs in good shape but with rotten rode
A 1/2" nylon rode with rusted chain end and no anchor. about 75' of that rode was still good but dirty, it cleaned up nice and I have it ready for use when needed. Fished up just off Hemmingway's Restaurant by the bridge at Pensacola Beach a nice spot to anchor and dinghy ashore for dinner nice beach and lots of restaurants. not so good in east wind

Attachments

• Anchor rope 1.jpg
    Anchor rope 1.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 85

What motorcycle?

She gives a new meaning to "you'll put your eye out"

HOLLYWOOD
:socool:

I'm calling shenanigans. The chrome would've been pitted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom