anchor chain on drum anchor winch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey All -

I am working on getting things in order and have been having trouble getting the reel winch to let the rode out. It comes in fine. The set up has a cover over the drum, so I am can not see how the parts go together. The mechanism that the hydraulic hoses hook into is badly rusted, but as I stated, has no problems pulling the line in. There is a dog brake that twists 90 degrees and a brake that needs to be rotated half a dozen times (but honestly, it hasn't freed up the drum). What I have have had to do is pull the rode out by hand, which is kind of absurd. It's a fishing hookup so has 15 feet of ginormous chain, followed by 30 or so feet of 3/4, then nylon.

I think the issue is something is not releasing to allow the drum to spin, but the hydraulics easily over come the friction. Any ideas on where to start looking for a problem? I'll see if I can get a couple of pics up.

We had a 32 foot sundancer tied to our starboard over the weekend, and I don't think the rode ever pulled tight and we rotated 180 degrees over night.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom