American Tug 395, hull #12...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bummer. At least you have a nice cost boat to snuggle down in.

That's Cattle Point, San Juan Island. I was sitting in my truck watching these boats go by the other day.

Attached a photo. Sorry for the heat distortion.
Great shot - thank you! We were having a great day out there in the beautiful sunshine!

Very nice Dorsey B! Please post more! We need more female input/perspective on here! Not just interior design, cruising concerns and just another viewpoint into the mix.

DorseyB
Thanks for the link.
Are you comming back to LaConner? Had no idea you were coing to blast off so quick.

Hi Eric,

We plan to be back in LaConner sometime during the first week of May. The boat is scheduled to ship home (by truck) on May 15. Were trying to get in as much cruising as we can between now and then.

-Dorsey

Lots happening at home now. We've been gone for 3 months now and it will be more than 4 by the time we get back.
We want to use our boat and the best way is to base ourselves closer to home.
I am sure that we will get ourselves down the inter coastal in the next year and we plan to do the Great Loop.
Once we fill ourselves of that I'd bet dollars to donuts that we bring the boat back to the PNW.
We'll get to Alaska, no need to cry ?.
Bruce

Lots happening at home now. We've been gone for 3 months now and it will be more than 4 by the time we get back.
We want to use our boat and the best way is to base ourselves closer to home.
I am sure that we will get ourselves down the inter coastal in the next year and we plan to do the Great Loop.
Once we fill ourselves of that I'd bet dollars to donuts that we bring the boat back to the PNW.
We'll get to Alaska, no need to cry ?.
Bruce

Wifey B: :rofl:

That is much better!

We understand what this decision means and what we are missing.
This place is beautiful!
We love the people, we love the food (perhaps a bit too much!) and we want to cruise here.
We typically figure a way to make what we want at least possible.
Bruce

It was a pleasure meeting you two yesterday, funny how small the world is :) and glad to hear you got the genset up and running properly ;)

It was a pleasure meeting you two yesterday, funny how small the world is :) and glad to hear you got the genset up and running properly ;)

It's sitting here running like a fine sewing machine!
We will be in touch!
Bruce

Great report Bruce. I would be interested in what happens at a lower speed than the 10-12 knots. I will run at half those speeds in that kind of weather and generally pretty comfortable.

Great report Bruce. I would be interested in what happens at a lower speed than the 10-12 knots. I will run at half those speeds in that kind of weather and generally pretty comfortable.

That is Dorsey's report Dave!
When we slow down we roll... it is the speed that settles things out for us until it simply gets too bad. No question about it, this hull likes a little power to smooth things out.
Bruce

Spent a beautiful Easter Sunday afternoon in Reid Harbor on Stuart Island in the San Juans, about a mile or two from the US-Canadian Border Pass. There was only one other boat there, an AT 43. A relaxing and pleasant day.

Attachments

• DJI01052.jpg
    DJI01052.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 111
OK as I am in the market for a boat as yours and no one knows me on here I will ask the indignant question that EVERYONE wants to know if you don't mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, drum roll,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,How much out the door?

OK as I am in the market for a boat as yours and no one knows me on here I will ask the indignant question that EVERYONE wants to know if you don't mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, drum roll,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,How much out the door?

Gentleman do not speak of such things but...give Steve Scruggs a call as he is the west coast dealer. I'm sure that if you slip him a $20, he will answer your question!
You may quote me on that when you call him...
Bruce

Great installment on your blog.

Not sure if you are still in Bham, but don't forget. Breakfast at The Little Cheerful, dinner and beer at Boundary Bay Brewpub, and Ice cream at Mallards.

We'll, we got one out of three (Little Cheerful). Would have hit all three but for Bruce having The Crud. ?

Bruce or Dorsey, you have enjoyed your time aboard to the point that the edge should be about off the honeymoon now. Big picture and small, what are your thoughts about your choices?

This will take a bit of thought.
I'll work on an answer later on tonight but for now let me say that we love the boat.
There are a few issues that need to be worked out but nothing that can't be addressed pretty easily.
Biggest omission is probably the lack of a diesel heating system as I really hate using reverse cycle a/c to heat the boat.
Not sure why they didn't want to add this at the factory, I will add a system as soon as we are home.
Love the way the boat handles choppy conditions, love the ability to scoot when you want, love the watermaker and love my Poppy interior...
That's the condensed version for now.
More later,
Bruce

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom