All Mine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slowandsteady

Vessel Make
Mainship 34 III
Friday night at 6:30 it was final. Survey and sea trial went swimmingly. Papers signed, funds exchanged and I took ownership of a 1983 Mainship 34 III. :dance: It was a little older than I wanted, but it was in such good shape, I just had to buy it.
Only two weeks and two days after the Cape Dory 28 deal went in the tank. After this weekend, I was glad that deal didn't go through because this boat is exactly what we need at the right price. Saturday morning I motored to her new slip out of Warwick Cove and into Apponaug Harbor in Narragansett Bay where I was quickly humbled by an outgoing tide and the wind blowing from the North. :facepalm: Good thing there was hardly anyone around or if they were, they stayed out of sight and watched the show! After one boat hook went into the drink and on the third try, all was well and she was in the slip with no damage except my bruised ego. I'm happy to report I backed her into the slip two more times without incident but I'm sure it won't always be that easy.
We're still trying to think of a new name for her but I'll probably take the old one off as soon as I find my heat gun. We're ready for the summer!

Last edited:
Congratulations!!

1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Lehman 135 Twins

Congrats on the new ride, post plenty of pics when you have a chance!!.

Those Mainships are venerable boats. They have outlasted many, and will probably be with us for a long while. Congratulations, and smooth seas to you.

S&S-congrats on the boat! Told ya some seductive mistress would be whispering to you soon!

Welcome slowandsteady: looks like you are in dickerson's (apponaug harbor) marina?

That's right dach side, a great spot, slip G5. Where are you?

Great way to begin your cruising adventure. Sincere congrats.

Happiest Boating Daze!! :D

Congrats - You're Gonna Luv It!! :smitten:

I'm in Allen harbor at Quonset Davisville naval yacht club, but I've been in dicker sons several different times over the years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom