Alaska Juris sinks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BanB,
Assuming your avatar is your boat ..
Are those four large dark spots on the hull windows?
Very unusual but work very well w the styling of the boat.

BanB,
Assuming your avatar is your boat ..
Are those four large dark spots on the hull windows?
Very unusual but work very well w the styling of the boat.

Yes, they are windows. Stylish, although I'm not personally thrilled with huge lower deck windows as a concept. They are why we chose a white hull such as the one in the stock photo. That is not our boat, just a stock photo. Main difference from a side view is we have an aftermarket hardtop. The darker hulls are attractive but the windows don't show up on them at all. Another thing we found odd is that each larger window has a porthole in it, in the middle on the master stateroom and at the aft end of the windows in the other staterooms.

The mention of the windows in the context of a thread on a sinking boat gives me pause. We were told to not think of them as windows, just transparent hull.

The mention of the windows in the context of a thread on a sinking boat gives me pause. We were told to not think of them as windows, just transparent hull.

Funny, first time I saw your avatar, I thought of them as potential hull openings not a transparent hull.

Ted

Funny, first time I saw your avatar, I thought of them as potential hull openings not a transparent hull.

Ted

I did too. They are well above the waterline but I still picture something like this....

Tender Crashes Into Yacht In Ibiza (2).jpg

Fortunately it's not a boat in which we intend to cross oceans. Well, unless you count crossing to the Bahamas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom