Aground..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Make
Helmsman 4304
This boat drove through a marked shoal about a 100 yards away from us this weekend and got away with it because it was high tide. After they had anchored next to us in deeper water, I told them if it had been a lower tide, they would have went aground. A few hours later they pulled the hook, and drifted back in to to the same marked shoaling area, and...went aground. Lots of other crazy stuff went down including almost dropping their anchor in to their Dink which was tied perpindicular to the bow until they realized it was there at the last minute. My favorite part was the Captain yelling at the crew for his incompetency. I have seen some crazy stuff on the water, but these guys get the award for the biggest cluster.

Attachments

• 20191012_152820.jpg
    20191012_152820.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 113
Ha! I know this boat - Bertram 72! It's out of my Marina.

Just because you have money doesn’t mean you have to be smart...

Ahhhh, them damned Bert owners. Ya can't tell 'em anything 'cause they already know it. All.

We all know that only trawler owners know it all.

Aw sh!t, I'm not a trawler owner. Forgive me, for I know not what I do.

GFC, I get it, a lot of pontificating goes on, and I lose track of who doesn't like who in the boating world. I generally stay out of the fray, and avoid drama when I am on our boat. But I figured this guy deserved being called out. He also caused me grief that evening when he finally got off the sand and anchored near me for the second time, with not enough rode out...I could go on, but I think you get the point. Or, maybe you don't which is also fine.

Back
Top Bottom