adding clickable links to post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twiisted71

Guru
Title says it all. *when I copy and paste a link it doesn't show as clickable. *Why? and what can I do to change it? *I know how to copy and paste, it just doesn't work for me on this forum.

I'm using FireFox & when I see a site that I'd like to share with the forum, I bookmark it and then drag the bookmark* to my post. I don't copy and paste.

(Example:) Profile head sonsors

When you go add a link, instead of hitting quick reply, go to "advanced editor" where you can post a reply and see the menu of options above your post. *Cut/paste the link you want in your post. *Then hold your mouse down and highlight all of that text. *Once you highlight the text you want to be the link, you will notice the icon in the menu just above your typed posted that looks like a chain link is active (goes from greyed out to something you can click). *Click that chain link and then a menu pops up and type in the url in that menu box and then poof- your link will be live. *

www.trawlerforum.com *

you can also type anything to be the link such as instead of typing trawlerforum.com *I can just type click HERE to go to the link and the word here becomes the link.

I belive the vbulletin software the site is to be converted over to automatically recongnizes a url and you won't have to go through the pain of all that to get a link to be live. *
smile.gif

Woodsong wrote:
When you go add a link, instead of hitting quick reply, go to "advanced editor"

*OK I'm really*
confuse.gif
* Where is the "advanced editor" thing?

When you go to reply to a thread at the bottom where you type it says "quick reply." Put your cursor in the box you normally type in but don't type. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see 2 bottons...one says "Post quick reply" one says "Advanced Editor." Click the advanced editor option.

SeaHorse II wrote:
I'm using FireFox & when I see a site that I'd like to share with the forum, I bookmark it and then drag the bookmark* to my post. I don't copy and paste.

(Example:) Profile head sonsors
*Thanks Walt. I just learned something new.

You can also make a URL active in post by typing open bracket (open to the right), the letters url, and close bracket, then paste in the link immediately after the close bracket. Immediately after the last letter or symbol in the link type open bracket, forward slash, the letters url, and close bracket. That is the coding for making whatever is between the two bracketed sections active.

It will make ANYTHING between them active.* Like this:* anything you type between the brack...t a real URL and you can't really click on it

-- Edited by Marin on Monday 6th of February 2012 02:18:12 PM

twiisted71 wrote:
Woohoo ^^^^^^ It worked, thanks guys
*If you do it like this (without the extra spaces after the open bracket):

[ url=http://www.overtons.com/yada.yada.yada]Norwegian Helm Chair[ /url]

You get this:

Norwegian Helm Chair

-- Edited by FlyWright on Monday 6th of February 2012 04:33:52 PM

And PLEASE!!! set it to open a new window or tab ;-) (and I will label it that way)

-- Edited by GonzoF1 on Monday 6th of February 2012 10:08:51 PM

FlyWright wrote:

GonzoF1 wrote:
And PLEASE!!! set it to open a new window or tab ;-) (and I will label it that way)
*:confuse:

Oh wow... Sorry, there isn't an option to do this anymore. My bad.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom