Old 05-31-2012, 07:59 AM   #1

City: Hampstead,NC
Vessel Name: HoneyBadger
Vessel Model: 1990 Harkers Island Trawler Typical wooden hull with a Carolina flare and no deadrise at the stern
Re,Re Redesign

Why is it that when you a building it it looks great then the pratical side of you says" That's Dumb as Chit " i built a storage locker on the Starboard side and had a extra helm chair there , Wrong removed it and changed the lay out of the Galley. Also Mounted the micro above the cook top bolted in place. Alot more usable than that seat, Oh well it happens !
Attached Thumbnails
Galley.jpg  
honeybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:36 AM   #2
FF
Guru

SO you crawl on the cabin sole to get a cold beer?

FF
FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #3

Vessel Model: 1990 Harkers Island Trawler Typical wooden hull with a Carolina flare and no deadrise at the stern
FF it was a toss up, on my last boat it the fridge was raised i had tried to work out a way to have it up at eye level. And i turned everything 4,000 ways and it either didn't work out or was in the way of anyone sitting on the rear couch area.above the cook top is the micro i will take another photo and see if it gives a better idea. I DO wish it was higher nothing worse than bending over to get a cold beer thats why i have a girl friend
Old 06-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #4
Guru

City: Upstate,SC
Vessel Name: Shipoopi
Vessel Model: derilic sailboat
Light and strong.That's all you need.Your boat,your layout.Have fun with it.You could build everything modular style,then change things around until you like the fit,and secure everything.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #5

Thanks ben2go i have finished building the sitting area in the rear, designed the galley table, Finished the AC wiring and moved the original placement of the AC breakers along with covering the helm seat box with matching light T&G . It is a boat i threw the original plan away and started flying by the seat of my pants i now like the lay out better.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Guru

City: Upstate,SC
Vessel Name: Shipoopi
Vessel Model: derilic sailboat
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybadger View Post
Thanks ben2go i have finished building the sitting area in the rear, designed the galley table, Finished the AC wiring and moved the original placement of the AC breakers along with covering the helm seat box with matching light T&G . It is a boat i threw the original plan away and started flying by the seat of my pants i now like the lay out better.
Interior layouts in boats can be tricky.Plans are great for those that just want a boat.If you're gonna cruise regularly,it's sometimes better to toss the plans.Just have to keep the boats balance and low weight.Sounds like you got the hang of laying out the boat for your needs.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:12 AM   #7

Ah another day fiished with the boat since i had gutted the boat its been a 4 day project adding the AC breaker pnl, along with an AMP meter and routing the wires through the engine bay so that when the ceiling of that area is istalled its all covered.