Active Captain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a tech help me today on CE. He found I was missing a data file in AC. All is working now!

Ah, yes...the missing data file...need that you do...

Pity it never tells you that, so you don't realise you haven't got it, so don't know to look for it, until someone else who knows tells you...the fun aspect of computers, that is...

Take a look around. The only reason Garmin, Furuno, and all the other chartplotters will have ActiveCaptain onboard is that it has reached a critical mass of data and users OUTSIDE the US.

There is a design in place for multi-language support development for 2016 which will further increase European use.

Still, the absolute best way to get others to add data is...the add data yourself. There's a magic with crowd-sourcing when that happens.

And I screwed up in that I had not noticed the add/review tab, or whatever it is in Coastal Explorer, until the end of my trip.

That makes it very easy to use and add a review for your current location.

Therefore, i did not add the reviews I could have.

Therefore, i did not add the reviews I could have.

Given your trip and where you were (I was at your presentation!), you're most welcome to go back and review the major stops you made. It's all within a year and that's fine for a marina/anchorage review. Hazards are usually something more fleeting so they wouldn't make sense to add.

Back
Top Bottom