90% chance of cyclone in Gulf?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got back from my camp and brought the 23 footer back to Lafayette. Projections of 60 mph plus winds so bit the bullet and made another trip. Better safe than sorry.:banghead:

Update from Biloxi, docks are 6" under water, wind gusts of 50 knots, episodes of torrential rain, adjusting lines periodically and soaking wet! Life on the water is good!

Gulfport Marina has sustained 37mph with gusts to 58mph. Docks are still walkable but barely.

I guess not having sun and warm water has some advantages. ;-)

Looks like 2.5 - 3 feet "surge" in Lake P by tonight. Nothing over low 30s sustained wind forecast tonight and tomorrow.

Got a little water this morning, about 2' above normal.
IMG_0103.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg

I guess not having sun and warm water has some advantages. ;-)
Any where north of I-10 is too far north!! If I get wet I can dry off! Hurricane comes, cruise across the bay and get put on the yard (except another Katrina!) In that case you file your insurance...

"hard to adjust dock lines under adverse conditions, wish we had floating!""

Some spots on the coast will have 10-15 ft of storm surge over high normal moon tide.

Few floating docks have the ability to stay on long enough pilings, so the entire marina floats off.

"hard to adjust dock lines under adverse conditions, wish we had floating!""

Some spots on the coast will have 10-15 ft of storm surge over high normal moon tide.

Few floating docks have the ability to stay on long enough pilings, so the entire marina floats off.

It's the reason some of the replacement docks on the Gulf Coast were built with pilings long enough to handle 15'. Should be a basic requirement to build to withstand the hundred year surge.

. "Should be a basic requirement to build to withstand the hundred year surge."

Fine, if the marina can explain why docking there costs so much more than next door.

The water came up over the docks at our marina. We just moved our dock box to higher ground and hubby made several trips to the marina to adjust lines. Wasn't a big deal.
It was a good test run though. We haven't seen it ourselves yet, but we know the marina can flood pretty bad in storms.
It was high enough with just this that I couldn't get on the boat.

"It was high enough with just this that I couldn't get on the boat."

Wait for the next 10 ft. of water!

"It was high enough with just this that I couldn't get on the boat."

Wait for the next 10 ft. of water!

I'll be staying at the house which will be high and dry! Lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom