50' bestway for sale on ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motion30

Guru
There is a 50' bestway my for sale on ebay* The boat is in ga** Does anybody know anthything about this boat* or bestways in general?

Looks like a fine rig

ga...ga....WHAT'S A GA..!

Peter B wrote:
ga...ga....WHAT'S A GA..!
*I think he means Georgia, USA.

Fine state, home of the Falcons, Delta Airlines, Coca Cola and CNN (Communist News Network)

Looks like she'll need a fair amount of attention. $45k for a 1986 50' yacht? Definitely take a close look at it.

Nothing that a couple of hundred boat bucks can't fix.

I have been watching that boat online via yachtworld for a while. I like it except for the teak decks!!

If memory serves me correct (lol), these are Taiwanese built boats similar in quality to the Marine Trader LaBelle series. So, as with any boat of that vintage a strong survey would be recommended.

When visiting Kingsborough Community College in NY to check out their marine programs met the fellow who imported these boats from the orient.

With 4 days left on the e-bay auction you may want to keep calling him.

Marty.......................

Yea I have I am close enough to go look at it What do you think it is worth sight unseen?

motion30 wrote:
Yea I have I am close enough to go look at it What do you think it is worth sight unseen?
*Motion, if you wanted you would have already been there, made up your mind and probably have barely just told your wife muchless all of us....... *I know that I found a boat in Meter GA and was there that weekend test driving and left a deposit. *Just looked at it again, looks like it going to sell. *Reserve met, better act fast. *You could probably write up a contract that would be easy to get out based on a survey. *Small deposit. *Good luck, nice looking boat and as far as the teak deck, there is not to much of it to deal with. *Cool boat for sure, fast to boot.

Yea I am the nit wit who is the high bidder. I would already be there if the broker called me back. I just saw it yesterday made 3 phone calls and sent 2 email..no responce from the seller I guess we will see ,Feel like I am taking a big risk

-- Edited by motion30 on Wednesday 14th of December 2011 09:38:17 PM

I figure if I can make it nice for another 20g I have a good deal anybody want a good deal on a nice 34' marine trader?

You would think the guy would have called you after the first attempt to contact him. Good luck, great looking cruiser.

In my view, no matter what is going to need doing, it's a good buy for $45k, as long as you have a few bob to spend on it. But being an auction, you can't really expect to have escape clauses in buys like this. I would think it is strictly buyer beware.

20g is if you do all the work....I bought a trawler last january and If I had to pay labor on all the projects going on it would easily be 75-100 thousand in the first year or two.* And that's with a 2 year old engine!

Early in my search for a trawler, I looked at a Bestway. Can't say it was the pinnacle of fit and finish, but it was a nice looking boat with a decent layout. That's a lot of boat for 45K if you get it, but I'd sure want to have a good survey. Nothing like knowing how much you're getting into. Look close at the decks. Best of luck.

Look close at the decks and the fuel tanks! You could spend another $45k just on those 2 items alone, let alone any other issues the boat may have. Sometimes it is best to look a gift horse in the mouth to make sure you have enough pasture to feed him!

Motion 30,

I think you've got a great little boat now and if you buy that big barge you're going to wish you had your 30' boat back. If you need/want a bigger boat I'd look at a 36' alternative and forget the Bestway. Just say'in.

healhustler wrote:
Early in my search for a trawler, I looked at a Bestway. Can't say it was the pinnacle of fit and finish, but it was a nice looking boat with a decent layout. That's a lot of boat for 45K if you get it, but I'd sure want to have a good survey. Nothing like knowing how much you're getting into. Look close at the decks. Best of luck.
*More importantly get a good surveyor....every surveyor I've had (3) has done an average to piss poor job....I think the pressure is on to get the report back and keep time ($) down when most of us could care less about 90% of what is in the report (we can figure out if lights or the GPS works) but need their expertise on figuring out if the bottom is a little wet or trashed, whether there's SOME water in the stringers or they are*shot.* I'm not sure the average surveyor gives a hoot about difficult to determine*but serious stuff*knowing their omissions insurance will cover them for the one in a hundred boats that really is a disaster.

Woodsong wrote:
Look close at the decks and the fuel tanks! You could spend another $45k just on those 2 items alone, let alone any other issues the boat may have. Sometimes it is best to look a gift horse in the mouth to make sure you have enough pasture to feed him!
*As I posted...those items are only a few thousand if you do the work yourself but those and a few other projects*can double or triple the base price in a blink if you are paying someone else to think it out and do the labor.

I finally spoke with the broker... motors run good, genset works. down side.... the windows on port side leak with interior wood damage Many window leak One fuel tank is leaking Teal deck seem ok The leaking fuel tank has taken me out of the bidding Thankfully somebody else now has the high bid Thanks to all for the advice

Back
Top Bottom