41' PT Europa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Propnut

Vessel Name
Voyager
Vessel Make
41' PT Europa
Does anyone know if there were two different size cabins/ salons used on these boats? I'm looking at one and the cockpit appears to be a couple of feet shorter than those that I've seen in other pictures. I'm just curious.

Thanks

I know those boats were built in various yards and called by different names. Perhaps this phenomenon applies to the PT brand.

I have been aboard several that had been lengthened by as little as 3 feet and as much as 6 feet. All of the extra length was in the cockpit. The ones I was aboard were a Euro version of my own C&L44, ranging from 47 to 53 feet. The lengthening was done in each case after the boat had been shipped to Seattle or Vancouver. Only the hull was lengthened. The running gear remained in its original position, the hawse holes on the sides stayed put too. Still made a very nice improvement to cockpit size.

I just looked at 2 different 41 PT Europa's in the so california area. 1 with a single diesel and a larger salon, the other with twins and a smaller salon. for this area, I thought that the larger cockpit area would be preferred. both were nice boats.

Back
Top Bottom