395 Mainship owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john ferguson

Vessel Name
College Fund
Vessel Make
1998 Mainship 31" Sedan Bridge
Any chance we have owners of a 395 Mainship? I am newly retired & am looking to upgrade from our 31 Sedan Bridge to a Trawler. I like the 40 Mainship & do have lots to choose from but the 395 has many upgrades. Have not seen one on person & would love some conversations about that boat.

John

395?

I know there was a 350 that morphed into a 390...

-Chris

An interesting boat. Seems to me they tried to put a 40 interior into a 34T hull and cabin.

I've never seen one in person but they strike me as having an interior that is a bit cramped for my tastes.

Attachments

• 395TBro.pdf
    642.1 KB · Views: 32
Interesting, thanks for the 395 links. I must have not been paying enough attention to Mainship when the Luhrs Group thing was all going south...

-Chris

Yes, the Mainship 395 was the old 34T with a galley up to make room for a second cabin below. They took a great boat with a nice couples only layout and made it into a cramped two cabin boat. I don't think many were sold.

David

Seems like too little boat for two cabins. Were larger, but I'd still just as soon our 42 only had one stateroom...

Silverton (another Luhrs Group entity) did the same thing a few times; the latest generation 36C has two cabins. Wouldn't ring my chimes, but then some folks really need that.

-Chris

I believe the 350, 390, 395, 34T are basically all the same boat over different model/years. Some feature differences such galley down with a single stateroom, vs. galley up with a guest berth.

Nope. The 350/390 are essentially the same hull. Early ones didn't have the swim platform extension but most do. The 34/395s are a new hull with a wider 14' beam and a full width fly bridge which is huge for that size boat.

David

Nope. The 350/390 are essentially the same hull. Early ones didn't have the swim platform extension but most do. The 34/395s are a new hull with a wider 14' beam and a full width fly bridge which is huge for that size boat.

David

I should have clarified by referring to it as a 'boat class'. Yes, there are differences in hull shape in the later models. The general size, weight, overall dimensions and layouts are very very similar.

Back
Top Bottom