Go Back   Trawler Forum > Trawler Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #1
City: Portland, or
Talking 38' tollycraft west coast transport

I have a 38 Tolly I just bought in port orchards WA. I'm going to be tricking it down to Portland Oregon and I was wondering if I will need to take off the flybridge to put it on a truck. I got a quote for $3000 for the trucking alone. Seems about right?

Tolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #2
City: Newport, RI/Morehead City, NC
Vessel Name: Obsession
Vessel Model: Transpac Eagle 40
Tolly, this is my first post so take it for what it is worth. You may want to look at Uship. I have heard good things about them and not so good. My only experience was moving a 8K lb 25 ft sportfishing boat on my own trailer from NC to Stuart Fl 750 miles 1 way. I was willing to pay up to $1,500 but the cost was only $765.00. For the return trip I used another hauler who was slightly more expensive but less than $800 dollars. Yours is a much more complicated move and a trailer will need to be provided. It will also be a wide load going through 2 states.

Uship is a highly competitive site and you may benefit from a hauler making a return trip, etc. If you are flexible on your dates that will work to your advantage. It doesn't cost anything to get several people bidding on the tow and you may find that $3K is a good deal. It is important to remember you are dealing with an independent hauler so buyer beware.

Hope this helps,
steelydon is offline   Reply With Quote