Go Back   Trawler Forum > Trawler Forum > General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2011, 06:44 AM   #1

36 ft, 69' Vega/pilot, hull #5,"Dulcinea" (prev "Hornblower"), a newbie to TF

Ahoy mates, looking for some advice/recommendations on some repairs to my starboard bulkhead over the sette in galley.*Weather (water/moisture) seaped*from deck above (now*sealed)*and over time has deterriorated the plexiglass seal*and surrounding wood.*Others who seem informed say this has been a systemic problem with the Willard. Looking for others who have had similar problems.* Maybe what the best fix is and*the name of a shipwright/yard with necessary skills for repairs.-

I am rather reluctant to turn her over to the usual boatyard crew! Thanks in advance for your assist!
baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
Rob

City: La Conner, WA
Vessel Name: Lady Anne
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen KK42
RE: 36 ft, 69' Vega/pilot, hull #5,"Dulcinea" (prev "Hornblower"), a newbie to TF

I would suggest that you take a look at the "Willard Boat Owners Group" @ "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WillardBoatOwners/"
The guys and gals on this web sight are full of tons of info. You will find a wealth of knowledge and meet an interesting group of Willard owners there. Welcome to the world of Willards, you are now the owner of a very unique vessel. When ever a Willard 36 shows up it's truely a head turner!

Rob and Anne Hays
"Lady Anne" Willard 40 PH
La Conner, Wa./Girdwood, Ak.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #3

RE: 36 ft, 69' Vega/pilot, hull #5,"Dulcinea" (prev "Hornblower"), a newbie to TF

Thank you! I have owned her for about 9 yrs and was smitten upon first sight.* Still a novice with much to learn. I toured a 40 ft in*Brownsville rondezvous i was impressed.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
Rob

City: La Conner, WA
Vessel Name: Lady Anne
Vessel Model: Kadey Krogen KK42
36 ft, 69' Vega/pilot, hull #5,"Dulcinea" (prev "Hornblower"), a newbie to TF

We were in Brownsville a couple of years ago along with our friends with there 40 footer "Northstar". Maybe we met over there.* That was the first rondevous that we had ever addended for any kind of boat. We had actually traveled from Prince William Sound Alaska to attend, a total cruise of 2500 miles. Liked it so much when we got into Puget Sound that we stayed!

Rob Hays

-- Edited by Rob on Saturday 7th of May 2011 12:10:15 PM
Attached Thumbnails
img_1680.jpg  
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 03:09 AM   #5
FF
Guru

I am rather reluctant to turn her over to the usual boatyard crew! Thanks in advance for your assist!

Are you willing to take a week or two and DIY?
FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #6

Good Show! Great suggestion and great source, Thanks!