2nd Best Day of boating life ....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BaltimoreLurker

Curmudgeon
Vessel Name
Moon Dance
Vessel Make
1974 34' Marine Trader Sedan
.... Moon Dance has been sold! My navy has been reduced to the Flying Scot and a dink.

Now, on to the next adventure. NO TEAK DECKS!

.... Moon Dance has been sold! My navy has been reduced to the Flying Scot and a dink.

Now, on to the next adventure. NO TEAK DECKS!

So now you are ready for the next phase. This is one which we have all been though. It is the period in between when you sell your boat and when you realize that you have to have a boat. It is a period characterized by depression, excess drinking, secretly looking at boats online, and finally (after a few drinks) informing your better half that you are addicted. :)

BL - By your posts... You seem to be a stout fellow that can handle most things. But... tiz St Pat Day today... be careful you don't get ta crying in your beer! LOL

In addition to no teak deck... I recommend NO outside wood at all!!!

So now you are ready for the next phase. This is one which we have all been though. It is the period in between when you sell your boat and when you realize that you have to have a boat. It is a period characterized by depression, excess drinking, secretly looking at boats online, and finally (after a few drinks) informing your better half that you are addicted. :)

Very well described.....almost to a "T".

Best and second best day over with. Now you could either do the third best day, or, you could do the Best day over again, but that would mean no outside wood and a bigger boat....yes, a much bigger boat.

BL-got any candidates yet? You can't have wasted that time waiting for the boat to sell!

BL-got any candidates yet? You can't have wasted that time waiting for the boat to sell!

Currently stuck in a bit of analysis paralysis. As we're approaching retirement we've been considering where we want to live. The Chesapeake Bay is right outside my living room window now, but we're in a townhouse community. If we stay here I want another heavy cruiser of some sort. I don't really like being out on the Bay in an open boat baking in the sun.

I want some land but our finances aren't going to provide for 10 acres and living right on the Bay. So we may end up in the Carolina's, TN, KY maybe even TX. In which case lake side living is more in the cards. If that's where we end up then I'll be looking at something like this:

Currently stuck in a bit of analysis paralysis. As we're approaching retirement we've been considering where we want to live.

Pretty much in the same boat (no pun intended). We are retired but decided we wanted to move elsewhere so the boat went on the market and we got a contract on it last week. Now, if we could only get a contract on the house....

Back
Top Bottom