2 Person Hot Tub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry about the spelling. My folks lived there for about 10 years. First canal to the right after coming in the lock...

Sorry about the spelling. My folks lived there for about 10 years. First canal to the right after coming in the lock...

Right across from me then

If you look at my top photo, that canal is the other side of the house on the left with the red tile roof .

Yep. I believe that's Bill and Gail Cobb's house. My mom and dad (Rudy and Peggy Kraft) built and lived in the house next to the Cobbs on end of the canal.

(Sorry for the thread hijack)

Wifey B: Not guilty. Hubby is a romantic. I probably would have alluded to what might have been going on in the hot tub. Talked about the jets. Or perhaps mentioned that while two is company, three or more's a party.....:D

One is self pleasure.
Two is a couple.
Three is a menage a trois
Four is a kumquat.

Ted

hqdefault.jpg

My Dad had this exact setup in the late '60's.....I always thought he was just flushing out the engine.

He didn't have twisted scars did he?

Wifey B: Not guilty. Hubby is a romantic. I probably would have alluded to what might have been going on in the hot tub. Talked about the jets. Or perhaps mentioned that while two is company, three or more's a party.....:D

Woohooo!!!! I'll be right there!!!

One is self pleasure.
Two is a couple.
Three is a menage a trois
Four is a kumquat.

Ted

Wifey B: I've never heard kumquat used in that way. :D Regardless of the number I think hot tubs are a great way to relax. Maintaining them, especially the water cleanliness, is a lot of work though. If I had to do that part, I might vote for a fancy large deck chaise lounge for 2 or 3 or more...Just a way to enjoy the view and peace but without the work or weight of a hot tub. We used ours last night. That's as much as I'll disclose. I'm being a good girl. Last night, I was Mae West good. :D

Kumquat...I can't find that even under urban slang. :nonono:

Wifey B: I've never heard kumquat used in that way. :D Regardless of the number I think hot tubs are a great way to relax. Maintaining them, especially the water cleanliness, is a lot of work though. If I had to do that part, I might vote for a fancy large deck chaise lounge for 2 or 3 or more...Just a way to enjoy the view and peace but without the work or weight of a hot tub. We used ours last night. That's as much as I'll disclose. I'm being a good girl. Last night, I was Mae West good. :D

Kumquat...I can't find that even under urban slang. :nonono:

You have to say it out loud.

Pronounced "come-quad". :lol:

Ted

The hot tub you are looking for is called a "Tublicious" Made in Vancouver BC.

I have one on my 4788 fwd on the boatdeck. It worksvery well on the boat with shore power hooked up. I normally empty it for a trip BUT I have run with it full and really did not notice much difference in the roll rate. I would never go on a long trip with it full but just hanging around the Gulf Islands is no problem.

Attachments

• augustsept 2014 008.jpg
    augustsept 2014 008.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 112
another pic

Attachments

• 4420605_20130729111416031_1_LARGE  hot tub.jpg
    4420605_20130729111416031_1_LARGE hot tub.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 110
Looks interesting. thanks.

You say you use it on shore power, do you feel a 16KW Genset would handle it OK?

No problem...it is 110 volt 15 amp I run the gen twice a day and this keeps it hot enough

No problem...it is 110 volt 15 amp I run the gen twice a day and this keeps it hot enough
I know this is an old thread, but I’m wondering how the 4788 held up with the hot tub on the upper deck. We are a couple of years away from buying a trawler style boat, and one of the considerations is that we’d like to be able to accommodate a small hot tub (was thinking Softub 140 -1400lbs full) when we are docked for longer periods of time.

The Tom Fexas , Midnight Lace " boats are blessed with a bow cockpit

. Would be pretty easy to use a small plastic pool liner to turn it into a hot tub.

I know this is an old thread, but I’m wondering how the 4788 held up with the hot tub on the upper deck. We are a couple of years away from buying a trawler style boat, and one of the considerations is that we’d like to be able to accommodate a small hot tub (was thinking Softub 140 -1400lbs full) when we are docked for longer periods of time.

Hi there, the structure of the 4788 handled the weight of the tub. You would have to add support braces from the back of the boat deck to the aft gunnel if you are planning on having a tender across the back of the upper deck.
We had ours located thwartship across the back but probably best if it was configured for the swimgrid .
We have now sold that boat...

We had one
Caused nothing but grief and glad to be rid of it.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_15681500701328202~01.jpg
    FB_IMG_15681500701328202~01.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 41
Wifey B: Why did your hot tub cause grief? :confused:
Poor installation
Freshwater leaks
Enclosed cabinets under
Ply over original timber decks had turned into a squidgy horrible mess

All gone and new ply decks are down with a more robust layer of glass/epoxy.
Now to build a large storage locker/lounge type thing in its place.
Something along these lines.

Attachments

• bd5074866413584523453.jpg
    bd5074866413584523453.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 36
OK, no wise ass cracks!

ummm, nah! The part where the floor falls through in the movie The Money Pit comes to mind.

Learn the effect of free surface effect on a vessel's stability, especially if it is high.

I do know of a makeshift pool in the 01-level of the USS New Jersey during Vietnam service. Since the 40MM gun tubs had not been cut away, they took and painted the interior of one with pool paint and filled it with water. I imagine it could take 10-15 people in that thing. It would have been just a silly joke because their would have been no way to keep it cool enough without a tremendous waste of water fro the hard working evaporators. And no recirc capability either like a normal pool has. But I bet the free surface effect was minimal.:dance:

ummm, nah! The part where the floor falls through in the movie The Money Pit comes to mind.

Learn the effect of free surface effect on a vessel's stability, especially if it is high.

WOW, old thread resurfaces!

If my darling wife would have OK'd the tub (which she didn't and I revisit after every difficult job on board like rebuilding a head) I would have investigated if the pump and heater would have handled salt water. Or worse case how often I would have to replace them at what cost if they didn't.

I was thinking of using a deck wash system to fill it, and then empty it before getting under way, then just fill it again at the next anchorage.

I was thinking of using a deck wash system to fill it, and then empty it before getting under way, then just fill it again at the next anchorage.

$50
Blow it up when needed
Get your deck space back when its not

BCF_562739_hi-res.jpg

$50
Blow it up when needed
Get your deck space back when its not

BCF_562739_hi-res.jpg

ummmmm, where are the water heater and jets?

I could just hang off the back of the boat for the same effect!

ummmmm, where are the water heater and jets?

I could just hang off the back of the boat for the same effect!

Around these parts warm water is the last thing I am after.
More trying to cool off without saltwater crocodiles, sharks, irukandji and box jellyfish having their way with us.

Talk about thread drift.

From a Hot Tub - to a Cool Tub!

Talk about thread drift.

From a Hot Tub - to a Cool Tub!

Yep, got me stuffed why the PO fitted a hot tub in a sub tropical climate though the stories are legendary about the debauchery on board.
We even have two stripper poles in the cockpit. ;)

Around these parts warm water is the last thing I am after.
More trying to cool off without saltwater crocodiles, sharks, irukandji and box jellyfish having their way with us.

Australia- not for the weak.
(And reasons to love the place!)

You can now return to your regularly scheduled program...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom