Old 02-22-2021, 10:05 AM   #1

City: MIAMI
Davit Standpipe

I'm looking at a used Davit. Need a standpipe. Company that made the davit is out of biz. The big name competitors only want to make standpipes for their own units.

Anybody know of a place in Miami/Lauderdale area that could make the standpipe for me?
ERTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 12:50 PM   #2
Guru

City: North Carolina for now
Try Cable Marine in Ft Lauderdale there on Marina Mile (SR 84), I've seen them do a variety of fabrication projects and what you are looking for is very simple.

"There's the Right Way, the Wrong Way, and what some guy says he's gotten away with"
caltexflanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:27 AM   #3
Guru

City: Windmill Harbour, Hilton Head Island, SC
Vessel Name: River Girl
Vessel Model: 2004 DeFever 49 RPH
Another option is UMT Marine in Ft Lauderdale. They make their own davits and do lots of custom fabrications as well. Standpipe and flanges should be pretty straightforward.
JUAN SALAZAR UMT MARINE . 4013 RAVENSWOOD ROAD . FT LAUDERDALE FL 33312
T 954 316 0327 . F 954 316 0353. UMT Marine – Manufacturing of Davits, Chocks, Roller Systems and Custom Marine Equipment
Old 02-23-2021, 06:04 AM   #4
FF
Guru

Pipewelders Marine

www.pipewelders.com

Tuna Towers, Marlin Towers, Hardtops, Outriggers and Custom Marine Fabrication.‎Products · ‎Contact · ‎Custom

FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:39 AM   #5
Guru

City: North Carolina for now
Another option that the frugal mariner should pursue down there is to ask around at Sailorman, BOW and McDonald's Hardware on your way to Cable and Pipewelders. Somebody there will know good independent fabricators. It wouldn't surprise me if there's someone within a two mile radius of Lester's Diner who specializes.

"There's the Right Way, the Wrong Way, and what some guy says he's gotten away with"
caltexflanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 11:34 AM   #6
Guru

City: Miami
Might also marine surplus over in sarasota. For the custom option I would call Israel over at Laza ironworks. He’s a boater and one he’ll of a metal smith. If he won’t do it he might get you a local referral. I used to cave dive with George aka trey at pipewelders. Probably best not to waste his time on this job.