1983 CHB with 46 hours??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mark

Is it typical for someone to make an offer, never having actually been on the boat, or any boat of that model?

It seems like paying for a survey is an expensive way to go boat browsing. :blush:

It's a hobby for some, believe it or not. Some are "survey collector's", and some just cut the survey short for a couple hundred dollars. This way they can always delude themselves that "just can't find the right boat, I've tried". Still cheaper than owning a boat for sure. Then there's others who enjoy getting treated like royalty for a day, with nice scenic rides in the guise of sea trials out on the ocean for less than chartering for an afternoon. You know this is coming, when it's a big fancy yacht and they show up with friend's and cutie pies in mini skirts in tow.The latter might just be a South Florida thing. Those I make pay for the Captain and fuel up front in cash. What the heck, nice day, nice ride, cutie pies in mini skirts. Beats being in the office.

Mark

Is it typical for someone to make an offer, never having actually been on the boat, or any boat of that model?

It seems like paying for a survey is an expensive way to go boat browsing. :blush:

Not as unusual as you might think. A lot of times it is to save money and time on travel. If they are using a local surveyor they can often cut the survey short for less expense then the additional travel to see the boat twice.

Not as unusual as you might think. A lot of times it is to save money and time on travel. If they are using a local surveyor they can often cut the survey short for less expense then the additional travel to see the boat twice.

If it were on the east coast, I would be tempted to buy it and put it on the lake. I really do need some more boats---------Not! I would still be tempted on that one. Great little boats.

d cutie pies in mini skirts in tow.The latter might just be a South Florida thing. Those I make pay for the Captain and fuel up front in cash. What the heck, nice day, nice ride, cutie pies in mini skirts. Beats being in the office.

Wifey B: Careful, careful....talking about cuties in mini skirts. Trying now to remember what I wore when we bought. Maybe shorts instead of mini skirt.

Is it ok to show up with cutie pies in tight shorts in tow?

Seriously though I know what you're saying about the hobby lookers. They get a new broker to help about once a year. There's one couple near us has lived on the water 8 years and shopped for a boat all that time and still doesn't have one. It's like the couple I knew years ago who at least four or five times a year would take the free trips to resorts for time sharing presentations. They said "free condo in a resort for a weekend plus small gifts they give us, why not?"

If it were on the east coast, I would be tempted to buy it and put it on the lake. I really do need some more boats---------Not! I would still be tempted on that one. Great little boats.

I could never be in the business. I'd be a boat hoarder. I'd see one come along that I liked and was a good deal, ran well, and suddenly find myself not working hard to sell it. I get tempted way too often as it is. I see something new and say "that's interesting" while my partner in crime, wife, says "ooh that's cute."

Why don't you grab her anyway Craig - she's soooo nice...?

Peter, had my wife nodded rather than shook her head side to side this boat would've already been in a covered berth at my marina. I was on the airline website with my credit card out reading her the original Craigslist ad.

A survey would have only been a formality for the insurance company had I flown up and saw what Mark saw. At this length though we decided a full aft cockpit is a non negotiable for us right now.

Someone will be getting a real sweetheart but as a couple forum members saw this weekend. We're not exactly roughing it in Bliss right now, and have several upgrades planned for this fall.

Back
Top Bottom