1978 Mainship 34

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bilgewater

Vessel Name
Sunset Lady
Vessel Make
1975 Chris Craft 35 Aft Cabin
Hello friends. Good to be back on the forum. We just bought a 78 Mainship 34, #150, from a private seller on Craig's list. It was repowered in 93 with a Perkins range 4 M240Ti. Tranny replaced in 99, and until a few years ago, lovingly maintained. Bridge deck, cockpit, and rear door have all been replaced, and side decks solid with just a few spongy spots. Survey went well. Autopilot, windless, and a 9 year old Garmin all work. Just needs a few cosmetic things and a good cleaning and we're ready to go.

This boat is in a lot better shape than our last one. I shared our restoration of a 72 Gulfstar 36 on the forum several years ago. Sold it, had a couple of sail boats, but finally settled on the right boat for us. We looked at quite a few Mainships looking for a lower priced one that could be resurrected without too much labor and money. I walked away from one that overheated and wouldn't reach full power during the sea trial, along with some other issues. luckily I got my deposit refunded.

Has anyone ever cleaned the "monkey fur" that covers the overhead and ceilings? Ours is in good shape, just kind of funky smelling.

Welcome aboard. Sounds like a nice boat. We have used Oxyclean to spot clean headliner, don’t know how it would work doing the whole headliner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom