1977 albin 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll say this much, ya sure know how to pick boats. Aside from rough price range and classic lines these two boats have little in common though(the steel trawler and this Albin).

What kind of boating background do you have?

Very excellent boats. And I'm quite sure they were made in Sweden. I don't think you'll find any exterior teak nor will there be any wood core materials in the cabin or the hull. I'm not absolutely sure but I think that's what you'll find. There is a person in our Albin Club called "Albineers of British Columbia" that has a 30' Albin. I also saw one in Petersburg Alaska a few years ago. They all have the aft cabin. The details and engineering are outstanding.

Mostly small boats, Hobie cats, canoes, 18' pontoon boats in Northern small Lakes and a 18' bow-rider here in SW FL. I know a bigger boat will be a tad daunting but I will hire a Capt. prior to heading down to the Keys. I am open to any boat that is liveable for a single guy. I am not even opposed to sail as I like the idea of just adding food and going anywhere on the (cheap). Again this does seem daunting but I'm not scared either.

Don't let it be daunting at all and use your own judgement but a captain would be overkill except for maybe a few hours instruction tops. The two boats you've put forth tell me you have an eye for classic lines that never really go out of style. Both examples photograph ads indicate well found and equipped boats.

Inspection is next and offer if it passes the "look back" test.

Took a look at the OPs listing example... Saw it was under contract... Hitch, you go out and buy it already ?!?

albin

Not yet...fighting a foundation leak in my house...I;ll try to get out in a couple days to look her over

This Albin 30 is the big brother of the excellent Albin 25, both models having been built in Sweden. Not many 30s were imported, at least to the west coast.

If you like the overall concept of the 30, and this one doesn't work out, you should check out the Danish built Apollo 32 as it is very similar in layout and build quality.

Yes, there are some Apollos and also Coronets that are similar.

I have a 27, same basic layout. For the size it is a good riding little boat. I am not sure of the 30's but the 27's were built in CT. the hull shape looks very similar but from wyat i can see from the pics the 30' has a bit more free board. either way you can't go wrong for the $$$ both purchase, maintenance and fuel.

Listing says it is sold..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom