For the “so ugly it’s cute” category

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dunno? I’ll try that but that seems like a stretch to me. It clearly says the security bot question wrong, and even kicks me off after 5 tries. Just says “try again later”. They must have enough members. I also couldn’t find an admin to write email to either. Hey since you’re a member, and if it’s not too much trouble, maybe you could post about it or email an admin and ask? I’m out of options.

I'll see what I can do.

I had a large berth in the pilot house of my previous boat. Absolutely loved it under way, at rest, sleeping - best place on the boat.

IMG_2363.jpg

I swear I tried that.
And it should be Davy’s locker shouldn’t it?

Just tried it and 4 variations and it doesn’t work. Harumphf

Wow okay I just got it, it’s Davy Jones locker, which I swear I tried but this time it worked. Thanks.

The fact that the admin couldn’t even tell you the correct answer is proof that the question is a bad one lol.

Last edited:
I'm just guessing that this is a $20,000 to $30,000 dollar boat. Probably lower would be most appropriate. Remember you won't be able to get financing so it will have to be cash. Insurance could be an issue also.

Pete

I'm just guessing that this is a $20,000 to $30,000 dollar boat. Probably lower would be most appropriate. Remember you won't be able to get financing so it will have to be cash. Insurance could be an issue also.

Pete
I don’t finance toys anymore. I just find cheaper toys. Why would insurance be difficult? Because home built? I’ve never insured a boat before.

Well we closed in on a workable deal for this boat. The hauling required will be 1500$ to get her around some pesky waterfalls (we had lovely antique locks for 100yrs but they closed in 2011 :( ) but after that she should float to my home port hopefully (its downstream “just in case”).
I’m super excited to get it cleaned up and start modding!

And slang for the ocean bottom? Did you try Davy Jones' Locker? Just a thought.

Wow okay I just got it, it’s Davy Jones locker, which I swear I tried but this time it worked. Thanks.

What do I win?

Well we closed in on a workable deal for this boat. The hauling required will be 1500$ to get her around some pesky waterfalls (we had lovely antique locks for 100yrs but they closed in 2011 :( ) but after that she should float to my home port hopefully (its downstream “just in case”).

Congratulations! Keep us posted as the project progresses. I love seeing old work boats get a new life.

Congratulations! I look forward to reading more about the boat and your work on her.

What do I win?

Congratulations! Keep us posted as the project progresses. I love seeing old work boats get a new life.

Win nothing, because it’s Davy Jones locker, not Davy jones’ Locker, see how stupid this gets? Your correct use of English would not have given you access.
I still swear I tried it several times. I think the mod must have changed it to that from something more computerish like FKAGD873HS

Win nothing, because it’s Davy Jones locker, not Davy jones’ Locker, see how stupid this gets? Your correct use of English would not have given you access.
I still swear I tried it several times. I think the mod must have changed it to that from something more computerish like FKAGD873HS

Ahh, but my knowledge of computers would have led me to try first without the apostrophe. Those special characters always give trouble.

But you also have to figure in the age of the admin. For the oldest, it would have been in ALL CAPS. Next (my age group) would be proper English. Next age group would be all lower case. Then all strung together with no spaces. Finally, something like D8Vy J0n3$ L0kk3R.

But more likely, yes, they were messin' with you. ;)

Thanks for replies! As a career welder of aluminum for 25 years the prospect of welding on this thing is about the least daunting aspect. I have no desire to see salt water so this would be used on our rivers.
I tried to join aluminum alloy boats but their securit question is preventing me from joining. It’s one of the dumbest things I’ve run across on the internet actually. It says “what’s a slang term for the bottom of the ocean”. I’ve tried everything I can think of and searched their own stupid faq sections and not found it. So I’m stuck there unless you guys can help.

Did you try Davy Jone's locker..? Sounds like they had so much trouble with the apostrophe, they took it out. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom